Automatic dimming headlight installation. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Automatic dimming headlight installation.

Rkelly

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Has anybody had any experience in an installation kit of some type for adding automatic dimming headlights to a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport? It is available as an option in the limited but not available as an option in the Sport. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the system utilizes a multipurpose camera that is in front of the rear view mirror. This camera is also used for lane assist feature. Lane assist works well, auto high beams not so much.

Too many false positives cause the headlights to flash on and off too frequently. Maybe some better coding could help it.

I have the feature and I turn it off because it is such a hassle.

Has anybody had any experience in an installation kit of some type for adding automatic dimming headlights to a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport? It is available as an option in the limited but not available as an option in the Sport. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I had that "Auto High Beams" on my previous MKT but like sheltonfilms, I ended up turning the feature off after a while. I also have it on the Platinum I just picked up and haven't had a chance to try them yet but will likely end up doing the same thing.

Peter

I will agree with @sheltonfilms and @peterk9....I had this feature on my 13 Taurus/16 Explorer/16 Edge...disabled it on all of them.

You're not missing much. Mine has it, and it works really well, but for the one time it misses/turns off too late... you get the idea.

Back