Average age of 5th gen. owners | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Average age of 5th gen. owners

That's what I'll be when my current lease is up April 1st 2017 and I go shopping for a 2017 or 2018 Platinum.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

50 - 2013 Explorer Limited

I'm 57 but it's really the wife's ride, she's 52 and loving her EX!

47 yr old kid...just bought his new ExSport and loving this new toy.

70 - Male 2015 Sport. Would not have bought an Explorer if the Twin Turbo weren't available.

I kind of needed to comment on this. I was all the time thinking about either going for BMW X5, or Porsche T. If I had to go lower I would have stuck with my 2010 3.5 V6 Santa Fe.

I got sold over Explorer Sport 2015 just because of its twin-turbo's. As to my wife she loved the looks of it more than X5...so that was it.

i kind of needed to comment on this. I was all the time thinking about either going for bmw x5, or porsche t. If i had to go lower i would have stuck with my 2010 3.5 v6 santa fe.

I got sold over explorer sport 2015 just because of its twin-turbo's. As to my wife she loved the looks of it more than x5...so that was it.
age??

48 2015 Explorer Sport. Would have stayed with my full size V8 Pickup if the Twin-Turbo wasn't available.

Sorry. Guess I didn't scroll back.;)

Peter

It appears to me that there are a lot of younger Sport owners on this forum compared to us "older" XLT and Limited owners. How does that compute?

Young people drive fast, old people drive slow? :Shrug: When I compare costs between an XLT and a Sport (edit: on TrueCar) both with the 201a/401a package, the difference is about $5,000. If a young person can come up with the funds to afford a $38,000 SUV then a $43,000 SUV isn't that much more.

$ 43,000 for the Sport? Heck I spent $50,000 after rebates to get it out of the door.

$ 43,000 for the Sport? Heck I spent $50,000 after rebates to get it out of the door.

Damn - are you in Canada? Our 2014 Sport we got new for $43,750 with the 401a equimpent package, tow package, moonroof, and premium paint (white platinum). We didn't really want the moonroof, but the closest model without it was a 14 hour drive away, so the slight increase in price was worth the lack of a hassle. I'm also confident I could have gotten several hundred bucks knocked off if I had played hardball, but I told our salesperson I wouldn't even call around if he could get me that price... and he did, with no BS.

33, same thing, without the turbos i wouldnt of purchased this ex sport.....was eyeing the X5, but the x has soo much room and looks better imo

$49,872.00 to be precise. No I live in Denver CO. This is the price of my car as equipped. However I must say that my Explorer Sport is 2015 and is equipped to the roof with everything EXCLUDING Rain Sensing Wipers and HID lights. Everything else is in there and when i worked out the price, it was coming to as equipped for USD 53k.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2014 Black Explorer Sport, fully loaded, 24 year old female. So very happy with my purchase

Back