axiom's '01 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

axiom's '01 Explorer Sport

Finally got around to taking a few pics of the new Ex for this, so here we go.

17 years old, HS senior, going to college in Providence, RI this fall, unemployed and hating it. Needless to say, I don't have the money to really do anything with my Ex right now, but that doesn't mean I can't plan it out ;)

My parents bought this for me as an early graduation present, the deal was too good to pass up. It's a 2001 Sport with 4-wheel, SOHC V6 with 95000 miles on it and counting.

What's been done:
- Flushed the fluids and changed the oil
- Yokohama Geolanders all around
- Silverstars in the headlights

The plan:
- Yakima Load Master
- Silverstar fog lights with yellow tinting
- New intake
- Clear corners
- TT and shackles possibly
- New wheels
- Grill guard with driving/off-road lights
- Fixing the rust on the rear bumper and nerf bars, then painting those and the plastic black
- A wash :thumbsup:

Now for the pics. The '92 makes a cameo in a few of them.
DSCF4204.jpg

DSCF4198.jpg

DSCF4202.jpg

DSCF4205.jpg

DSCF4206.jpg

DSCF4210.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lookin good

Washed it, waxed it, got new tires today, and recieved my $45 radar detector that I bought from woot last week. Overall, it's been a pretty productive two days. Thank god the weather broke and it's been nice here finally.

yo axiom, which silverstars did you put in. I'm looking to do that too but have no idea whats gonna fit because ive never even looked at my lights. I've got the 01 sport too. Thanks.

yo axiom, which silverstars did you put in. I'm looking to do that too but have no idea whats gonna fit because ive never even looked at my lights. I've got the 01 sport too. Thanks.
The headlights take 9007ST's according to everything I've read, which is what I picked up on eBay for $18. The exact number that was on the package is 9007 ST/2.

engine bay looks great! :thumbsup:

engine bay looks great! :thumbsup:

Got a few audio updates to catch you all up on. I'm going to be swapping the stereo in my old Ex to this one. Kenwood KDC-MP2032 head unit and 4 Kenwood speakers. I also bought a Kicker sub and I'm looking for an amp right now, as well as a vented box and a wiring kit. Planning on putting together my own budget bass system. Hoping to get it all done over the course of the next month or two.

Another update. Just bought a Visonik amp for $52, pretty much identical to this one in terms of specs. I'll be waiting a little while to get a box and wiring kit now, so we'll see how it pans out.

Got the sub, amp, and wiring kit sitting here now. Just waiting on an enclosure which will probably be built this weekend, and after that I'll be installing with a friend of mine. I'm probably going to be building a sealed wedge but I'm not positive just yet. Open to suggestions with it as this will be my first box and I'd like to get it right.

DSCF4297.jpg

Over a month later and it's finally done. I installed the sub and amp yesterday with a friend of mine and man is it loud. Honestly didn't expect it to be as loud as it is, but I'm not complaining about it. I'm still working on tuning the amp to the perfect settings but I have a feeling this may be a never ending battle :p

DSCF4422.jpg

DSCF4423.jpg

The truck finally broke 100 thousand miles tonight on the ride home from work on Rt. 284 right after you go over the NY border into NJ. Pulled off to the side and snagged a quick pic.

aa69709d.jpg

Pretty crummy but whatever.

nice sport u got there axiom

Back