• Register Today It's free!

B&M trick shift fluid

g0tink87

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
anyone use this stuff in tranny. Is there anything that would benefit from it being a stock transmission. Im gonna change the fluid and filter and was just wondering is it worth the extra $$$.

If its not worth it is there any fluids out there that are better than others, or maybe sythentic fluids. Sorry I dont know much about transmissions

I used the B&M in my Hotrod Monte Carlo. It had a 700r4 with a shift kit, dont know if it helped , but i never had any problems with the tranny so.....I fealt pretty cool though with blue tranny fluid. lolol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really loved the Trick Shift in my AOD, in my 91 Mark VII. It's great fluid, but not really ideal for the newer transmissions. I have an extra case but I won't use it in these newer Fords I have. I'll save it for the older pre-electronic transmissions.

The best fluid you can use is the aftermarket synthetic fluids, like Amsoil sells. Many have reported improved gas mileage with it. I have the Amsoil ATF myself ready to go in, but after a last dropping of the pan, soon. Good luck,

I really loved the Trick Shift in my AOD, in my 91 Mark VII. It's great fluid, but not really ideal for the newer transmissions. I have an extra case but I won't use it in these newer Fords I have. I'll save it for the older pre-electronic transmissions.

The best fluid you can use is the aftermarket synthetic fluids, like Amsoil sells. Many have reported improved gas mileage with it. I have the Amsoil ATF myself ready to go in, but after a last dropping of the pan, soon. Good luck,

I'm agreeing with ^^^^^^

The B&M trick shift fluid is basically a different grade of transmission oil, like Type F (the old Ford standard) which makes the clutches grab harder, but shortens their life. I'd just run a good grade of synthetic, add a cooler and an external filter (do a search on the forum) and leave it at that.

ok for now i just picked up couple qaurts of regular fluid. Next time I do it Ill probably use a sythetic. I need to do a quick fluid drop and replace. Long story.

I would stick to a high quality synthetic ATF such as Amsoil.

Good luck ....

Dead Link Removed

Back