b2 tank sender?

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
I just did the b2 tank swap and put 2.5 gallons in it.the gauge reads little over 1/4 tank.I know that's wrong.drove about 20miles just to see if it would read "e" and it never did.It started to run out of gas so I know there is about a gallon left the pump can't pick up.then I put 10 gallons in it and it reads just above "e"

Thought the b2 sender would work with the ranger gauge? Or is there just something wrong with the sender? How would I go about testing the sender? Like if I put a volt meter on it what should it read at empty and full to work with a ranger gauge?

This is in my 94 ranger and tank/ sender I believe is from a 90 b2

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine works just fine (94 explorer and an 88 BII tank) Is the tank at the same angle as it was in the Bii? You may have to bend the arm a little to ensure everything is reading right. I sat on the ground with my wife in the cab and played the "now it shows full-now empty " game.

Mine works just fine (94 explorer and an 88 BII tank) Is the tank at the same angle as it was in the Bii? You may have to bend the arm a little to ensure everything is reading right. I sat on the ground with my wife in the cab and played the "now it shows full-now empty " game.

Yep same angle.thing that worries me is it reads less gas the more I put in it:(their most be something wrong with it

Anyone know how to test the sender voltage? ?

I tested the resistance of the old unit and a new unit

Awww sometimes the answer is right in front of your face..never thought about testing the old one first:( thanks man

Well did it work?

Haven't had time to pull the bed off.ill be doing my rearend swap next week so plan on checking it out then.think I may end up just switching the float assembly to my stock one.I did however check all the wiring.it is reading just wrong and backwards. 10 gallons is just above ""e"" and as you burn gas off it raises to little over a 1/4 tank which is empty:(I do love the swap tho, truck feels much more balanced and handles much better;)

Sender was from a 88 not 90.I will be getting a 90 next week, the oms are different.it mounts completely different than my ranger one and the whole ranger sender won't work in the b2 tank.how did you 88 work?? Sure it wasn't a 89?? From what I read the 88 had different oms and sure mine does..

Back