Babe the Blue Ex | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Babe the Blue Ex

Edit: (1/20/10) Added new pictures to post 3, updated mods

Hi everybody. I've been on here for just about as long as I have been driving my Ex, however I have never been compelled enough to make a registry listing, haha. Well, that day is today :)

My name is Eric, I am from the South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA. I drive a 2000 Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC, I will list my mods and etc below. If you wish to contact me, please PM me or Email me on here (I hate spambots so I won't put my direct email in my post).

Whats done to her:

F-150 Leaves (about 1.75" - 2" lift)
TT
265/75/16 Hankook DynaPro ATM
Flowmaster Series 40
Color Matched Mirrors and Wiper Cowl
Upper & Lower Billet Grille
Tinted Tails & 3rd Brake
Sylvania Silverstars
Alpine CDA-9883 with iPod Touch
Infinity 6 1/2" Reference 2-Way in front
Pioneer 6x8 3-Way in back
BWM
PepBoys Air Horn
Debadged "EXPLORER"
Rear Tow Hook and recovery strap (for friends, not me :thumbsup:)
Cone Air filter and adapter

Soon to come:

8" Sundown Sub + Amp
Dynamat
4 Ch Amp
New exhaust tip
Tint front doors

Distant Future (when the truck is actually mine and I'm outta school):
Maybe new muffler-back exhaust (side pipes??)
Body Lift
New wheels
Safari Bar with lights

And if it becomes my secondary vehicle, all hell will break loose on it.

Refer to next post for my extensive collection of photos

And just for ***** and giggles, here is the fate of my first vehicle:
l_008c22448ecd1ef5fb9bde6b7a2bf604.jpg

(Ex in background is currently my baby, brother used to drive it)
1019071532.jpg

1019071531b.jpg

1019071531a.jpg

1019071531.jpg

She was totalled from that, since PA is a "No Fault" state, it was never actually determined who caused it, but he hit me, haha. He hit right on the driver side wheel causing the transfer case to crack in multiple places as well as slightly roll the frame rail inwards:thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These are all prior to doing most of the things I have done to her.
Taken: March 09
DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

Taken: 1/16/10

P1010020.jpg

P1010023.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010024.jpg

Edit:

Putting my Hankooks on at work
0111001745.jpg

0111001746.jpg

0111001848.jpg

Limited parking at school? pshh

(Before new tires)
0111001349a.jpg

0111001349b.jpg

(taken today 1/19)
0119001021.jpg

0119001021a.jpg

My friends F250, its much bigger now, haha, but he took the decal off.
0508091130.jpg

Thanks. It was bought from factory by my uncle in 2000, then when he wanted a new EB in 2007 we bought it from him. I love to have a clean presentable vehicle, and I take pride in that. (We have a wheeled craftsman tool box full of car wash/cleaning supplies, haha)

If you look closely, my tails are tinted ;). I felt like going away from the norm, as well as staying legal-er (going to school to be a cop, haha), I faded the outside inwards, so that the center still had a red reflection tint to it. I also masked off the turn signals to make it appear factory.

As for the amber reflectors, if I ever come to that (foggy headlights etc) I'll just get the diamond cuts or one of those "eBay" sets

75,000 on Odo :)

I actually double checked before I posted and thought the lights looked a little darker, but figured it was lighting or the snow throwing me off. Or did you just tint the red? That may be why, anyway the candy apple mod would be cool. I think the yellow may be to much for me. Removing the amber from my signals is my favorite free mod so far.

I hear you on keeping it clean. I hate it when it rains. I know I have about 3 hours of work to get it back again.

nice x u got there

I actually double checked before I posted and thought the lights looked a little darker, but figured it was lighting or the snow throwing me off. Or did you just tint the red? That may be why, anyway the candy apple mod would be cool. I think the yellow may be to much for me. Removing the amber from my signals is my favorite free mod so far.

I hear you on keeping it clean. I hate it when it rains. I know I have about 3 hours of work to get it back again.

Yeah, I masked off the reverse and turn signals, then practically painted the outer edges black then faded it inward towards the brake light. I like it personally. I would always see tinted taillights in person and you can immediately tell they aren't factory and in most cases asking to be ticketed cause you cant see the turn signal nor any red.

Atleast you live in Texas, where it rarely snows. Up here, I spend about $5 a week at the car wash pressure washing all the snow and salt off. Then if I'm lucky I put it on a lift at my work and hose off the undersides. Depending on my schedule I may spend Spring break doing the "Spring cleaning" which could take me 1.5-2 days.

nice x u got there

Thanks

Updated some stuff, new pictures from my phone

Looks great man!

How was it installing that grille? I want one, but its not a direct bolt on like my 92 was lol so im scared!

The install was easy, just took some time. Its very easy with a Dremel with cutting bit and sanding bit.

I do have to warn you though if you want to do the bumper cover too. That was a PITA, you have to take the bumper off, then take the bumper cover off:thumbdwn:

Installed my new 6" off road lights today, I'll try and get pictures in the daylight.

I also have a stereo overhaul currently in transit by UPS. Plans:

Sundown E8 Subwoofer
MB Quart Discus 280 Amp
MB Quart Discus 450 Amp
I already have new door drivers installed

Sub will be going in the factory box, and the amps will hopefully be going under the rear seats. I'm planning on taking step by step pictures and doing a write up of replacing your factory sub to help others out.

Thats one sweet looking explorer man.

Thanks guys, here are the pictures I took today from my house while the Ex was parked in my driveway. I have a hockey game at 11pm tomorrow, so I'll make sure to bring my camera and take some pictures of it in the dark with the lights on.

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

And here is a bonus of the state it was in the morning after we got 2 feet of snow.
0206001049.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks.

For some reason it seems that my color (Medium Wedgewood blue) is fairly common around here, so I don't know if it was a location specific color code. But I still love it, its dark enough to look classy, but not too dark to show all the surface micro-scratches like black paint is known for.

Can't wait for UPS to show up on Monday so I can start my install. One more step in the process of anti-soccer-moming my Ex, haha.

Back