• Register Today It's free!

back seat doors won't open

capt_curly31

Reaction score
City, State
C/S, CO.
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer XLT
this is what i know. the linkages on the outside handles broke. doors can not be opened from the out side. now i have tried to open from the inside, still not opening. i am not sure if the child safety locks are on, i'm pretty sure given the fact that i cannot open the doors from the inside.............So how the heck do i open them so i can fix/replace the linkages?? that is w/o having to attempt to remove the inside trim panel from the inside with the door shut.

My rear drivers side door did the same thing, the child lock was also on. I had to rip the door panel off while the door was stuck shut and feel around in the door until I got it to open. My problem was the little piece of plastic that the outside door handle rod threads into inside the door was broken, i fixed it with a couple nuts and washers on the rod and several zip ties. :p:

Well I to had to remove panel with door shut. Safety locks not on. Just needed WD40. But outside handle rod clip was broke on both sides for me. Thanks.

Back