Back seat window smashed, how much am i looking at to replace? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back seat window smashed, how much am i looking at to replace?

jayhawk137

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
Back seat window smashed, how much am i looking at to replace? can i do it myself?

Just like the title, my rear back window was smashed, about how much should it be to replace? can i do it myself? thanks alot

Adam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you be more specific? Are you referring to the hatch glass or the side windows on the quarer panel or the windows in the rear door windows?

side door window, the one that rolls up and down in the backseat. sorry for the confusion

I paid abuot $70.00 at a bone yard.
When you remove the door panel you will have to grind out the rivets and replace them with bolts with some removable locktite.
good luck

i payed $45 for mine though the local bone yard. it took my grandpa and me 15 min to get it in. we did it how nuggethead said. also if you get it though a bone yard make sure that you get the tint that matches your factory tint.

i only have access to a drill, could i use that? thanks

you could drill them out. i believe that there is enough room. now that i think about it we pulled the base out that the window is attached to and worked on it on a bench.

Back