• Register Today It's free!

Backup alert

Bobthesuper

Reaction score
City, State
Reno, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Greetings everyone. Newbie here. I just acquired a 2017 Explorer Platinum and I love it! My wife is in a wheelchair so consequently I have a rear hitch mount carrier. Does anyone know how to turn off the back up alert? It‘s very loud and very annoying. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't remember which actual button it is, but it is one of the "parking aid" buttons in the center-stack. I turn it off while backing my boat.

Good luck

I can't remember which actual button it is, but it is one of the "parking aid" buttons in the center-stack. I turn it off while backing my boat.

Good luck
Thank you, I will look for it.

Good luck
Hi Barry. I'm guessing that the default is ON so you would have to turn it OFF every time you have the trailer attached.
I guess there is no way to disable it permanently.

Peter

Greetings everyone. Newbie here. I just acquired a 2017 Explorer Platinum and I love it! My wife is in a wheelchair so consequently I have a rear hitch mount carrier. Does anyone know how to turn off the back up alert? It‘s very loud and very annoying. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Welcome to the Forum Bob. :wave:
The Rear Parking Aid is covered in the manual on page 197 of the 3rd printing. However, if the default is ON, you would have to turn it OFF each time.

1710345390444.png

Peter

I agree that it probably needs turned off every time you drive, but there may be a way to permanently turn it off using Forscan app, the windows version with an extended license needed for programming, along with an ELM327 dongle. Check Forscan's forum to see if this is possible or if I am instead just leading you on a wild goose chase. :)

I agree that it probably needs turned off every time you drive, but there may be a way to permanently turn it off using Forscan app, the windows version with an extended license needed for programming, along with an ELM327 dongle. Check Forscan's forum to see if this is possible or if I am instead just leading you on a wild goose chase. :)
Thanks everyone. Page 197 did the trick! I probably won't go the forscan method. I'll just deal with it!

Back