• Register Today It's free!

Bad abs sensor....

hockeyadc

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
Can you replace just the abs sensor in a wheel hub? I replaces the hub assembly months ago and now I have an abs light again and when I scanned the car its the same front left hub. I think advance auto sold me a crappy sensor/hub assembly but its too late now to take it back...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could still be a/the bearing. Sensors are almost as much as bearings. Have you checked to see if they'd warranty it?

If you just bought it a few months ago, they should replace it. It could be that your wiring going into the hub sensor is bad though, like a bad pigtail. Either way, if you think it's bad they should replace it.

If you just bought it a few months ago, they should replace it. It could be that your wiring going into the hub sensor is bad though, like a bad pigtail. Either way, if you think it's bad they should replace it.

You mean the wiring that is coming from my car to the hub itself? I replaced the entire hub so the wiring from the hub/abs is new. How would I check the car wiring?

You mean the wiring that is coming from my car to the hub itself? I replaced the entire hub so the wiring from the hub/abs is new. How would I check the car wiring?

Yeah from the actual car to the hub. As far as testing that actual pigtail, I will get back with you shortly.

Back