Bad 'creaking' sound after lift shackels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bad 'creaking' sound after lift shackels

Coastie Kyle

Reaction score
City, State
Sanford Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
After I installed new shackels and did a TT, everything was going good till about three to four days later when the truck started haveing a really bad 'creaking' sound everytime the truck bounced a little, or even drove over minor bumps. my question is, has anyone had this problem? Or does anyone know a solution, or what the problem is? I have tried to locate the exact spot the sound is comeing from, but the best I can do is say its somewhere around the leafs, or shock. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alot of people have the same thing happening after shackles....The shackles like to squeak a litttle bit, the best thing that you can do is just grease/oil them up and make sure that you did not over tighten the bolts and cause the shackles to bend in from the center crossbeam to the location of bolts, it should look straight like an "H"

make sure something is not rubbing also. most creaks come from metal on metal...

Ya, the shackles are probably just a little over tightened.

Back