Bad Fuel Pump: Delphi or Spectra? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bad Fuel Pump: Delphi or Spectra?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The spectra pump is still running fine...no problems at all!

I put a spectra premium in a ranger that I sold but fuel pump worked good, I think for after market stuff spectra isn't too bad even if most of their stuff if made in china.

I have used spectra products across a range of vehicles and have never had an issue with them

So... update... put the spectra pump in back in October, and it died last night. Not very happy with it.

EDITED go to post thirty on this thread, click on GEN II then scroll down to post #9 and # 13. It's a little easier than dropping the tank and if you are prepared for it (basic tools and replacement cartridge pump) you can replace the pump on the trail or side of the road without a floor jack and jack stands!
There is a link for Gen I too.

Click on link CLICK HERE and scroll down to post #9 and # 13. It's a little easier than dropping the tank and if you are prepared for it (basic tools and replacement cartridge pump) you can replace the pump on the trail or side of the road without a floor jack and jack stands!
ADDED: The hole that you cut for GEN 1s and Gen IIs are different. I think that I included a link to GEN IIs only!
Your linky no worky...

Bosch blue fuel pumps for OEM replacements!!! Spectra, Airtex, etc.....just do not last

I do not see why the hole for a Gen I fuel pump access would be different then a Gen I? the 91-94 explorer has the same body/frame/fuel tank size and location as a 96-01 after the A pillar???

Thanks now I can go see the differences :)

I'm glad it had been done before I had to do it, and has pictures. Then I didn't have to "hit and miss" so much. I could see body line stampings in the floor and went by that!

I made an access panel for mine and it made life so much easier. There will be those who will argue it affects the structural stability of the truck, but that's opening up a whole new can of worms. When I was done, I just made a metal cover for it after laying down some sealant and putting some self tapping screwn in to hold it down. No problems after 9 years.

I did as Koda2000 did when my wife's 99 Sport needed a new fuel pump, I replaced it with a Bosch pump.

Back