Badlands 08 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands 08

Well im gonna go ahead and say this. My business is going to pick up and open in April. That will put me out untill Sept. or Oct. But dont hold me on this just yet. I might be able to make it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Weekends aren't for working, they are for having fun!

What kinda business?

I think me and Kert both got away with no body damage only close calls were when we went down an ATV trail.

Ya, I got a nice dent in the gas tank though(I think it was from a rock in the creek)... Some of those trails were pretty tight too.

Ya, I got a nice dent in the gas tank though(I think it was from a rock in the creek)... Some of those trails were pretty tight too.

Might have been that ledge in the creek...that thing was prolly my fav part of the park.

Dents underneath mean nothing, my 94 has a dent in the muffler :eek:

if you are truely planning on doing this....you need to set a date ASAP....people will commit...then when the last min comes, they will back out....just the way it happens out here for some reason...trust me.........the longer the date is up there, the better chance you have of making it happen......

Alright then, any Holiday weekends in spring?

I would think a weekend other than a holiday weekend would be better. People generally visit family on holiday weekends.

I mean something small like a presidents birthday or something...labor day.... nothing like Easter. i'm thinking last weekend of May going into June

i cant do that as i have finals at the end of may.

Yeah that was my problem, i don't know when colleges do thier finals. Early june?

Yeah i'm going to say June 7th & 8th depending on the whole school situation i'd like to head out on the 6th.

Aric, so whats the whole deal on the SAS/new truck situation?

I have to officially say that i will not be there. My business has taken off and i can not afford to talk a weekend off. Sorry guys.

aww come on burns! I was just about to ante up for this one too.....i was gonna ship my trailbike....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i cant seem to be able to save any money. my parts are all paid off though, but i need(i should say want) about another 2k in parts tho.

in the mean time, i dropped 500 at the junkyard and got a 4.10 drivetrain so i should have at least 4wd with open diffs shortly. junkyard screwed me outa an axle shaft. in the front dif, but i'll be getting it from this other guy that crashed his explorer, just got to find time to pull the part. so hopefully this weekend i'll have 4wd again. (winter cliffs run anyone?)

just having the 4.10 open rear end made an amazing difference over that screwed up powertrax rear end. i wish i knew what went wrong. sold the 4.56 powertrax axle to some jeep guy for about the same price i got the 4.10 for. so i really only paid for the front diff and the cv shafts(chopped the old ones for the 2wd conversion).

and that brings everyone up to date on my explorer that always needs something done to it.

Back