Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
The date for the our 10th anniversary run at the Badlands in Attica, Indiana is set for June 16-17, 2006.

You can learn about the details and signup HERE

I plan on driving out for this run... Unless gas hits $5 a gallon that is... :eek:

Hope to see you there!!

Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Count me in obviously!!! I only live 30 minutes away from Badlands so if anyone needs anything let me know. I am going to get as much firewood gathered as possible. I am also bringing both my grills.

Once we get closer, we can get up a list of food for everyone to bring. We can do a cookout on friday and saturday night to save money for everyone instead of eating out.

I will start another thread later to see who wants to run at night. We will need a list ahead of time to give to Troy so he can make sure everyone is accounted for. Cost of the night run will be 10$ per vehicle.

I am not signing up, but the other thread is locked. They cannot sign up. (confused)

I will just watch with interest. The date is too far away to know anything definate for me. Its not that far though.

Brian_B said:
I am not signing up, but the other thread is locked. They cannot sign up. (confused)

I will just watch with interest. The date is too far away to know anything definate for me. Its not that far though.

there is a link in ricks post of the other thread with a form to fill out

Dustin: Thanks..I can't read english. :confused: Sorry Rick. :eek: :D

James, your in st. Louis. I would have to go up your way from here. We (those coming from west of you) could all meet up along the way and have a caravan. Just thinking out loud.

I cannot say yes for sure yet. :( Plus I am strictly street as well.

Like Rick said, unless fuel is 5 bucks a gallon, i hope to there!

I read the park's rules and have a question. The rules state that trucks/jeeps must have rollbar protection for all occupants. Is a factory steel hardtop enough or would I have to install a cage? Other parks I know of only require a rollcage if you don't have a top.

SVO42 said:
I read the park's rules and have a question. The rules state that trucks/jeeps must have rollbar protection for all occupants. Is a factory steel hardtop enough or would I have to install a cage? Other parks I know of only require a rollcage if you don't have a top.

Rollbars are only required for vehicles with half or no roof.

cableguy said:
Link to the sign up page isn't working Rick?
Same thing here!!! I want to sign up!!!! help... hopefully i will have lockers by then...whats with the "winch+lockers required on trails 3-5" i wana play.. but i know i wont have a winch..but no rated 3-4 trails for me??..then agian im not scared of body damage..i got a strap!! :confused:

sandrunner said:
Same thing here!!! I want to sign up!!!! help... hopefully i will have lockers by then...whats with the "winch+lockers required on trails 3-5" i wana play.. but i know i wont have a winch..but no rated 3-4 trails for me??..then agian im not scared of body damage..i got a strap!! :confused:

There will tons of trails for you to run that you don't need a winch. I would make sure you have good tow points front and rear just in case you do get stuck somewhere. There should be plenty of people to pull you around! I don't have a winch yet and I run the 5 trails.

SplashMan said:
I'll definatly be there. Only a 2 hour or so drive for me. ;)
Brian,
I would definatley like to go. Maybe we could drive down together.

Also, my parents live in Zionsville (northwest of Indy), I may camp or I may stay with them. I know my Dad would want to come along on the trails but I should have at least one back seat open. I may even bring my motorcycle......

Dave.

Bronco638 said:
Brian,
I would definatley like to go. Maybe we could drive down together.

Also, my parents live in Zionsville (northwest of Indy), I may camp or I may stay with them. I know my Dad would want to come along on the trails but I should have at least one back seat open. I may even bring my motorcycle......

Dave.

Sounds good to me. Once it is closer we will make a place to meet up. I'm sure there will be other people in our area too. I hope anyway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm not sure if the badlands is like the cliffs, but at the cliffs, they dont allow backseat riders. I may or may not have a passenger seat open, depends if any of my family wants to come with. i'm 99% sure i can go right now. its only 3 hours from me. i picked 2-3 trail rating when i signed up because i will have my lockers and gears installed by then, but if we were going within the next month i'd have said 1-2. i hear the breakover angles will kill your rockers. (looks like some sliders might be in the works between now and then.)

to sum that all up.... i'll be there.

-Aric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back