Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp as long as this tranny holds up for a week I will be there Friday. Can't see any reason it won't. Just been the trend.

What time Friday will you guyes be there? Hit the trails by 9:30 or is that asking too much?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might not be over there till around 9:00-9:30 but that should be the latest.

so to ride on trails three and four rated u have to have lockers right

Burns said:
so to ride on trails three and four rated u have to have lockers right

There are bypasses around some of the stuff. If you don't have front and rear lockers or at least one or the other, make sure you have front and rear tow points so we can get you out when you do get stuck.

The orange trail shouldn't be a problem for you, but some of the pink will be kinda tough for you. What size tirs do you have?

I'm going to start green and see how the truck does, and if it handles it fine, i may up it on saturday afternoon or sunday morning for some orange. Sargon made it 5 yrs ago with 31's and unlocked and Matt did it with 33s unlocked after a heavy downpour. If not, John, I know you and Eric will get me through!

im on 36x12.50 tsl

full custom bumper on the front with a 6000lb winch and the rear is the stock bumper setup

Burns said:
im on 36x12.50 tsl

full custom bumper on the front with a 6000lb winch and the rear is the stock bumper setup

You'll be fine! You might have to give it a little enthusiasm on the pink, but the orange you'll have a lot of fun. I ran the orange in my 4-door sploder with open front and rear with 33's.

Pete, I know it's been a while since you've been there and it has changed a lot. Actully it has gotten easier in some spots. The orange is much more open than it used to be so it is not as hard.

There are parts of the pink that are very difficult to manuver. I'm not gonna hit the pink till saturday when the jeep guys get there. I love the look on their faces when an SUV follows them everywhere they go.

All this trail talk is making me anxious :D We're heading out tomorrow! We're giving ourself a couple extra days to poke around and site see on the way across country.

Cya soon :exporange

RFR2212 said:
I'm going to start green and see how the truck does, and if it handles it fine, i may up it on saturday afternoon or sunday morning for some orange. Sargon made it 5 yrs ago with 31's and unlocked and Matt did it with 33s unlocked after a heavy downpour. If not, John, I know you and Eric will get me through!

Your gonna love your carberator! :p

I hear ya, not to mention it could probly stand to be rebuilt... We'll see what happens :eek:

cableguy said:
I'll second that.

I have been told those are great offrad carbs!! :thumbdwn:

Well, according to the camp grounds, the only vehicles allowed must have a camper or camper trailer attached. Is a air mattress in my bed enough to be an RV? Cause I am not setting up a tent...

RFR2212 said:
Well, according to the camp grounds, the only vehicles allowed must have a camper or camper trailer attached. Is a air mattress in my bed enough to be an RV? Cause I am not setting up a tent...

This was discussed near the beginning. I believe the answer was that is ok...

Don't worry about the campground. Rules are still the same as they always were. Most of that is for 4-wheelers and dirtbikes.

We're gettin' closer... we're in Elk City, OOklahoma right now. We hit a big storm yesterday going through the Panhandle. Hopefully that will be all of the rain for awhile...

Well folks, this sucks. I just lost my tranny again an hour ago. I have time to fix it, but I can't risk driving it that far from home that soon after I fix it since it will most likely be thursday when I put it in. The 250 is still waiting on a wheel bearing so I can't tow it anyway. With needing to go through the tranny and then the wheel bearing on the 250 I need to save my pennies also.

Have fun and take lots of pics. If I wasn't going out of town to the inlaws I would ride out with someone else from indy for the weekend but not gonna happen....

:( :fire: :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats too bad Taxx. I was checking the weather and it looks as of now to be a good weekend. Highs in the upper 80's and lows in the upper 60's. Bring a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back