• Register Today It's free!

Baer brake kit

SaleenJOE

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Saleen XP8
My 99 XP8 has the baer front brake kit on it. Needing to get the brakes done asap and had a few questions. First is the rotors. I havn't had the tome to pull the wheels but from what i read cobra front rotors will work is this correct? Friend of mine took a rough measuerment and says they are 13'' rotors. next are the pads. Talked to baer and they gave me the specs anyone have any suggestions on what company to talk to about pads. They told me any performance place could get them, they are $340 from baer wich is a little steep.

Thanks

Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure exactly what kit you have. Baer doesn't make anything for the 2nd gens that I know of. And the big brake kit that was originally on the saleen explorers was recalled and replaced with the regular explorer brakes.

I'm not sure exactly what kit you have. Baer doesn't make anything for the 2nd gens that I know of. And the big brake kit that was originally on the saleen explorers was recalled and replaced with the regular explorer brakes.

Spoke with baer and a kit was offered for a limited time but it was for AWD trucks only. my truck originally had the saleen brakes but as you mentioned they were recalled.

Joe

wow, never heard about it before, I would love to have that kit though. If it worked on awd then there is no reason it wouldn't work on the 4wd explorers too. And 2wd would work if you could find the right rotors.

Could you post up some pictures? I would love to see it.

That would be great, I would especially like to see the bracket that holds the caliper in place.

Bump. Did you ever get any pics of the brakes?

Here are some pics. Was finally able to get some time to pull the wheel.

Saleenbrakes005.jpg

Saleenbrakes004.jpg

Saleenbrakes003.jpg

Saleenbrakes001.jpg

AWESOME!

How much are pads those things are huge

Not sure trying to figure out what pads it needs and rotors. I dont drive it daily my wife does so dont have alot of time with the truck

Wow I would love to have those. Thanks for the pictures, if you get the calipers off I would love to see the mounting bracket.

Back