bank 1 lean - bank 2 lean | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bank 1 lean - bank 2 lean

Carb cleaner does have a lubricant added to it sometimes, but brake cleaner does not. Just make sure you use non-chlorinated type. MAF sensor cleaner is nothing more than N-heptane and isopropanol. Same concept as non-chlorinated brake cleaner but evaporates faster. Brake cleaner typically is pressurized toluene and xylene, both of which are hydrocarbons present in everyday gasoline.

In fact, before a specific chemical was created to clean MAF sensors, the service manuals typically suggested a fast drying non-chlorinated brake/parts cleaner be used on them.
I've been using it for years and I ain't lost a one yet! ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

more problems

we were out last night and while driving on dry road at about 35 to 40 mph the front end started making a grinding noise like maybe the 4wd was trying to engage - my wife has told me it has done it before but never when i was driving - she said that when it did it to her it was way worse - is this thing possesed or what ??

Not quite...

It's just getting older and needs what sounds like a bumper to bumper inspection. What else does the wife know about the vehicle that you don't? ;)

the mechanic where i work will be back from his month long vacation on wednesday and i'm gonna have him look it over - it's due for a new inspection sticker anyway so i'll have them give it a look and then i can tell the mechanic at the lot i bought it from what to fix

Take the wife too... she might have a lot more to say.

Look at this...

the mechanic where i work will be back from his month long vacation on wednesday and i'm gonna have him look it over - it's due for a new inspection sticker anyway so i'll have them give it a look and then i can tell the mechanic at the lot i bought it from what to fix

Take the wife too... she might have a lot more to say.

I'm talking like I know something... My wife's gas cap is no longer locking, it just opens right up without the key. And she knew...

Back