BBX is dead. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BBX is dead.

As many of you know, my car went in the shop a couple weeks ago to have front end work, some steering stuff done and 4.10 gears in front and rear. After two weeks of madness between 14 bearings having to be ordered, new hubs and all kinds of other crap, I get a call saying that my car is complete. I couldn't wait to get it back so I could wash it and see how much of a difference the gears made... WELL....

15 minutes later, I get another call telling me to come to the shop as soon as possible to pick up a rental car cause they ran into some problems and it's going to need a little body work??? But they assured me that they would fix it. I get in the car, stop and grab a camera then get dropped off there. The guy takes me to the back to see the car and there she is...

(checkout my gallery)

They want to repair the body and send me one my way. I don't think so. This thing fell right on it's frame from 4 feet in the air. Do you think I should settle for that??? Not on my watch. Any attorney's on here? I have an appointment with one tomorrow morning. So, be sure to stay tuned for the next BBX... what a ****ty day.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that was my baby... you watch me.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Originally posted by ok89
Good Luck getting that much out of them. But you should not have to keep that vehicle.

'03 Tahoe vs. '03 Explorer would be close in price. I say go for it, except it's a shovey.

Man if it was between a Z71 Tahoe and a 4x4 Explorer... I would have to go with the Tahoe... In fact I look back now and wish I had jumped on the deal I saw when I was looking for cars... 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT Red with Tan Leather... man I wish I had done that haha... oh well... live and learn...
--Bryan

Maaaaan.... BBX... Rocket5979... all these 5.0s are going down. who is next?! :eek:

Expo5.0 and James.. you guys drive safe! :confused:

*knock on wood*

That sucks lowd.. good luck with whatever you plan to do!

LowdPypes, you need to change the line in your sig, from dropped five inches, to dropped four feet! :p ;)

Sorry to hear that about BBX. Always liked the look of that truck.

I did wanna let you know that if you are lookin to take the supercharger off I would be willing to take the unit off your hands immidiatly. Let me know if you are going to do that.

Thanks again.

Jed

oreokid220@aol.com

what happened to Rocket (dont wanna steal the thread, ive been out of the loop for a few days)

He rolled it a few times after a tire blew out. I saw the pics when they were still up and it was horrible. :(

That sucks man. You should take them for every penny.......

I would be extremely pissed if it was my '91 junky......
Your Mountaineer is freakin awesome man......
Get everything you can out of them...... This really does suck.

Shane

How's it turning out SD ? What kind of deal did you work with them ?

God Dangit! Another one bites the dust! Whats going on here? Hope ya get it all worked out with out throwing to many punches! Enjoy the sub :p

bidding war on the supercharger and nitrous set-up- i want both asap if this all goes down.

i was only able to type that after calming down reading all the posts in this thread. the first posts and the pictures angered me more than anything i've ever seen on the internet. my heart was pounding and i felt like i could kill somebody. you had better get whatever you want out of this.

that and thanks for jinxing me whoever that was... if something happens now 'll be pissed

Dude.. I knocked on wood. Plus, if anything happens I'll give you my sister.

if thats was my truck and i was in this spot i would take them for everything they were worth! and then some.. i would have a new truck and $$ in my pocket.

i am truly lmao (and i usually just type that if somethign is supposed to be funny)

just to clarify i'm laughing about the sister thing

So whats the latest?

LowdPypes, you need to change the line in your sig, from dropped five inches, to dropped four feet!

Dude.. I knocked on wood. Plus, if anything happens I'll give you my sister.

Went from getting angry at nothing for your loss to laughing histarically....crazy. Like everyone else has said, sue the **** out of them.

Seems as thought they want to play games. To this day, I have not signed any paperwork authorizing them to touch my car except for the estimate. I found out the other day that they completed the suspension/front end work and the car is now sitting in the body shop for finishing repairs. They are really pissing me off. Their latest offer was to cut my initial bill in half ($900) and repair all body work. I'm just not sure that this is going to cut it but if I sit here and look at my alternatives, I'm not sure there is a better way outta this. Granted, I know, at the least, I will walk outta there paying nothing but let's assume they give in and offer me a relplacement. The best I could see them doing is giving me an 02 or 03 ploder. To me, I'll keep what I have.

Back