MY X is dead | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MY X is dead

Havnt' been on her a while, but last month this happened:
http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=crash2006_012.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

long story short.

Drunk @55wipe blew 4 way residential stop going 70mph + in a taurus and hit my drivers side. my truck flipped up, then over, then rolled multiple times resting 3 houses down.

I sustaned broken right ankle, large patch of left arm skin scrapped off, 5 stiches, mutple cuts and lacerations in arms legs and head.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dang... Hopefully the drunk was insured!

Glad you survived!!

damn dude, ghood thing you were driving an exploder!

I think it will buff out...........

Glad your ok, be sure to see a competent orthopedic doctor about that ankle, a bum ankle can really be a pain!

Drunk drivers should be prosecuted for attempted murder when they do things like that!

Drunk didn't have insurance. But I do, full coverage.

But I dont think the drunk had a green card either.....

oh, now, I have aquired phemonia too!

the fun never stops.

Wow Im glad you came out of it. How did the other guy look? That sucks that he didnt have insurance, those people drive me nuts!

Holy moly, thank your lucky stars you are alive. Im sorrya bout the X but atleast you can hobble away.!!!!

holy cow, thats something. Glad its working out.

and i thought that my wreck was bad. glad to see that u are at least alive. u are so lucky

thanks guys..

the other guy had head injurys and was in the hospital for 3 days. His passenger, isn't so lucky. Last heard he was going in for brain sugery.

Drunk drivers who cause death, injury and distruction should lose there licence and be banned from owning a vehicle for LIFE !!!
"Cops" TV show were chasing a woman who eventually rolled her car, she had OVER 40 DWI's. I think the judge should serve some time for putting her back on the street so many times.

Carlos Murphy said:
"Cops" TV show were chasing a woman who eventually rolled her car, she had OVER 40 DWI's. I think the judge should serve some time for putting her back on the street so many times.
You can get a DWI/DUI without a drivers licence or your own car.

Dang!!! Definately glad you're OK!! That isn't pretty.... There isn't a straight piece of sheet metal left on that thing!!!

From a Ford employee, crunch all ya' want, we'll make more!

RIP to the Explorer. There's no excuse for driving drunk... I have no sympathy for the perpetrators of those crimes, and all the sympathy in the world for the victims.

-Joe

Still recovering from this. Going to therepy for my ankle for next 3 weeks. Med bills up over $21,000 so far.

Currently I'm renting a big ol' dodge ram 1500 4x4 crew cab. Its one big beast.

I put an order in for a 07 Sport trac 4x4 v8 ALL options (including chrome). someday that will be here! :) will have to change my name then.

oooh those new Sport tracs are *****in!

Holy ouch!

Sorry about your X, but I'm glad to see you're doing ok. I'm really surprised you only ended up with a broken ankle and a few cuts/scrapes. I guess that goes to prove how safe our X's are.

Congrads on your new Sport Trac. Can't wait to see pics.

Take care, and best of luck on a speedy recovery!

Well, I have been ressurected as a 2007 Sport Track Limited 4x4. Now, to change my name...

wow dude that sucks! glad you survived, i've pulled enough drunks and their victims out of wrecks to hate it....
congrats on the '07!

Back