• Register Today It's free!

Bed Bolts

mwebby93

Reaction score
City, State
Rome, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer Sport
During my body lift, I had a nut break in the housing (u-nut/spring nut/clip nut...whatever you want to call these) and the others seemed like that were about the bust as well so I cut the bolts off since those came with the kit anyway. Now I am at the point of trying to figure out how to reattach the bed.

Are there easily available replacements for these holders/nuts or an alternative to bolt the bed to?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty sure you can get them at an auto parts store.

Pretty sure you can get them at an auto parts store.

I'll check advanced auto when I get out of work and update here. Thanks for the suggestion, I've tried looking online but haven't crossed anything yet. Not quite sure the proper name for these clips.

Yeah I tried to look for you too. I've heard the right name before but can't remember it. I'm 95% sure I saw them in autozone or a similar store when I was looking at other hardware.

So I stopped at Advanced Auto Parts and they weren't able to look the part up and the biggest size they had for a clip nut/fold over nut/ etc... was 6mm. I stopped at the local dealership that used to be ford but the guy wasn't able to find that part through all of the diagrams. He suggested checking out Nappa or gave another dealership nearby. He mentioned fold over nut so I used that to google and I found an ebay posting that has all 4 bolts and clips off a sport trac for $39. I don't need the bolts but if I can't find these anywhere else I'll have to just buy those

Ford number is W707147-S436 M12 Nut. They're like $6.50 from many online Ford parts suppliers. Maybe with that number you could locate an aftermarket replacement.

Back