Bed Extender Piviot points what are they? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bed Extender Piviot points what are they?

jrford

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac
Just picked up a bed extender off craigslist $75, out of an '08 for '10; but no pivot points. :(
i've searched and everyone says i need go to the dealer parts dept. I've looked on line and i really cant find anything other than a listing for a M10-50mm, looks like a cap screw or bolt.

Can someone clarify or post a pic of one the bed extender pivot point please? Or a dealer part number? Thanks in advanced.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did not save the bag on mine.
I bought mine at the dealership for $30.
The first two dealerships said I had to buy the whole extension kit to get the pivots.

The dealership I did buy from said it was a pretty clear image for him what to order.

I looks like a small striker post in the door jam of the truck. A post with a enlarged head.
If you get the tap size you might be able to find one at pepboys for less.
I am sure if you find the posts for a earlier truck they will fit.

part # W712859-S900 comes in a pack of 4

Dealer told me they come in a pack of 4. The bag says "one pkg of 4 pcs". I think they sold me all 4 for around $30. He told me I had to buy all 4 since it was a non stock item but they discounted them down so i basically got 2 for free. They look like older door post strikers.

mine was a sealed bag of two

just to update. I think i lucked out, a but 3/8 carriage bolt and nut worked.
I bought every 10mm i could find 1.0 or 1.25 pitch. nothing fit. . .on a hunch i tried a the 3/8 bolt and it fit? I thought these where metric, or my guess is the previous owner just re-tapped the thread for std? Works great, only $2.

Based on someone's description they almost sound/look like a seat belt bolt?

Back