Been off for a while .... My Expedition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Been off for a while .... My Expedition

kslhol

Reaction score
City, State
Taber ,Alberta,Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xl
Sold my Explorer a few years back and now I see there is a spot for Expeditions thanks to SkyJumper. Here's a few pics of where I was, and where I am now.

My old pride and joy

ex-1-2.jpg

and my current ride. Basically a re-make of my old Explorer. Same rims, same size lift. 98 Eddie Bauer Expedition. 3 inch Body lift, 2 inch torsion twist, and 2 inch rear coil spacers. Sitting on 35' Hankook Dynapros.

How it was when I bought it...

785338.jpg

Phase 1:
SANY1759-2.jpg

And the only other thing I've done since the lift and tires is Plasti-Dip the tan trim... As it sits today

IMG_0863.jpg

I still check in all the time to see the Lifted Explorer thread, and the Fun Hump day threads. So here is another reason to keep coming back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am still debating the whole plasti dip think. May get a couple of pieces to try it out on and go from there.

Well it's sure holding up good on my trim. I'll see how it holds up on the rims and rockers on my other vehicle.

Where did you buy it? is it accessible at the local auto stores? And glad to have you here for more reasons than before. Looking forward to possibly allowing this forum to grow.

Home Depot in the USA. I get my mother in law to pick me up a few cans everytime she goes down to the States. About 5 bucks a can. But Bertro on the other forum says you can get it in Canada now for about $16 a can. I just like having it on hand. Permanent bedliner is probably the answer, but this tuff is sooo fast and easy to use. If it does get a scratch or rock chip bad enough to see, you just spray alittle over it and it blends right back up. No spray lines, or anything. It just molds together. I haven't had to touch anything up yet other than my front bumper cap, but that was because I didn't have that much experience with doing it at the time, and only had 2 coats on there. I do 4 coats every where else.

I like the EB red, and my color is growing on me as I beginning to put more and more black on it. I think the 2 colors gold and black are starting thime together.

Back