Before and after new rims | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before and after new rims

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks tight man... Nice work!

What about those dual pipes

That dual exhaust system you got on there looks absolutely awesome. I have been trying to do the same thing on a 98 4dr xlt and everyone is telling me that you cant do that b/c of where the gas line and the break like are on the left side and I sure as hell dont want to get either of those to hot. If you could tell me how you ran thos pipes underneath and what sizes you got going there I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Gary

Great looking truck:D

Very clean ride. Those rims look nice and I too would like to know what kind and where you got your doul exhaust from cause that's what I want on my 98 XLT.

Heres what I did for my dual exhaust. I bought two 40 series single in/single out Flowmaster mufflers from Summit for $60ea, then had a local muffler shop weld them in and install some 2 1/2" pipes with 3 1/2" chrome tips. The pipes and welding cost $100 and the tips were $30, so total was $250. Its the best way to go really. Pick a muffler you like, buy it and take it to a muffler shop. The passenger pipe comes straight out. The driver side pipe comes straight back untill it gets close to the spare tire. It then makes a 90* turn and runs towards the driver side. It then makes another 90* turn after it clears the spare tire and it comes straight out the back. Its run the same way that all the fullsize trucks are. The pipes are not close to any fuel or brake lines and they go around the spare tire just fine.

RTstork... it looks like your pipes dont cross over the leaf springs. My passengers side is run the same way as stock and the drivers side is a duplicate as soon as it gets past the spare tire. Rx4phun is right... the brake lines had to be relocated to keep them far enough away. The guy just made a bracket and bolted it to a different part on the frame.

Originally posted by 98FordX24
RTstork... it looks like your pipes dont cross over the leaf springs. My passengers side is run the same way as stock and the drivers side is a duplicate as soon as it gets past the spare tire. Rx4phun is right... the brake lines had to be relocated to keep them far enough away. The guy just made a bracket and bolted it to a different part on the frame. Do you have any pics of your setup?

Originally posted by 98FordX24
RTstork... it looks like your pipes dont cross over the leaf springs.

Yep. they run just along the inside of them. I think they look great but with them on the inside of the leaf springs, I'd probably have a harder time fitting a hitch. Do you have any pics of your setup?

Not yet. I plan on taking some after I get it back from the body shop. Some punks decided to do a drive by egging the other night and with me going 45MPH and them doing the same going the other way, the 2 90MPH eggs took some nice chunks out of my hood and fender. :mad: (They will die) My pipes exit the same way as stock... well maybe a little closer to the bumper, but they both come straight out with a little angle down towards the ground with 3" X 12" stainless, slash cut tips. Pics coming soon!!!

Back