Before and after of my 94 hoe. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before and after of my 94 hoe.

Well lets see i bought it from my dad.And since ive had the keys ive been doing stuff to it ever since. First off i put a body lift on with some procomp mud 32s and the bumper brackets were so off that i drove around for a while with no front bumper till i had the time to fab up some new ones.Then i bought 2" coils and then some 34s on and drove around (with some rubbin).Then one day i called up safari and ordered one of their snorkel scoops.And in the time waiting for it to come in(4 months) i was planning. Measuring,positioning,cutting, and all the other **** that comes with a fully custom snorkel.After the snorkel i was gettin alot of attention from the 4x4s out here in jacksonville.My first plan was a solid axle swap but after thinkin it all threw and realizing that i cant have this truck down(since im in the navy staitioned all by myself and not have any other vehicle that i should sit on that subject) Bye the way my idea was a set of unimog portals with rear steer.(and i still have access to gettin some)But anyway back to the story so i put a 5.5" lift on it and **** canned the rear swaybar and threw some cj quick disconnects to the front.o yeah also changed to some manual hubs after blowin the autos twice..After losing my a4ld to a old avalanche in the utah mountains i got i rebuilded and put a temp gauge in it and a shift kit(which sucks.)Well any ways since i was home and had access to all my dads fabricating equpment i made some rock sliders.That kick ass..I hope you like the pics and please reply and post yours. By the way all work done by me and in a navy hobby shop (which if youve ever been to one youll understand)besides the rocksliders that i made at my pops shop...

Attachments

• exp 2.jpg
    exp 2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 678
  • resized before.JPG
    resized before.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 655

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WOW!! you're explorer looks exactly like mine (in the before pic) haha. so those are 34s in that pic? and you're running a 5.5in lift and a 2in bodylift or did u take the body lift out? sorry for all the questions, but im getting a 5.5in lift for my explorer and i was gonna run 33s, but if i can get something bigger i want it. thanks

3 inch body

actually its a 5.5 in the front and a soa in the rear (of course) with a add a leaf and warrior shackles plus a 3 inch body lift.Yeah im thinkin about 36s or 37s but need to regear badly..total front 8.5 and rear around 11.Hope it helps out..

looks sweet but isnt that an explorer, not a navajo? or do you just call your explorer the hoe?

Fish Man said:
looks sweet but isnt that an explorer, not a navajo? or do you just call your explorer the hoe?

My question exactly

No such thing as a 4dr Navajo.

No i just call it my hoe cuz she gets all my money...

Nice rig! if you get some time and want to go on a run with other explorers here in the NW click on the link in my signature, also checkout the trail run section on broncoii.org forum. there is going to be a decnet size run down at browns camp in oregon at the end of the month. :thumbsup:
How do you like those swampers? I am planning on going to 36" iroks by the end of the summer.

hey thanks.I like your rig i thought you couldnt use superrunner steering with a lift more than 6" (didnt your thread say you had coil spacers also).Just wondering... Im gonna try to make it down. Hopefully i can.. But times are busy,especially with a newborn.. I also saw that you guys are planning a picnic.. I heard of a place south of mount vernon called walker valley? Just throwing that out thier for ya...o yeah nice choice on the 36 iroks thats what i am lookin at also..

A friend on mine has 39.5 iroks on his 4runner and I have been impressed them.
Sometime in March I will be having a run to Evans creek ORV park, which is near buckley on the west side of Mt. Rainier.
I have heard of Walker Valley ORV park I may try to get up there this summer.
Keep your eye on the trail run sections on this site and the broncoii.org site some of the runs are on short notice. and once a time and place is set for the BBQ try to make it to it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hopefully we will all get together soon..Once i get my new vehicle...Its on. Thats all im waiting on to just go nutz on my rig...And make it nothin but an illegal trail dog..... :confused:

bad A$$ i like it alot thats the same setup i wanna run on my rig

did your stock driveshafts work?? thats exactly what mine will look like one day...except with 3 inch bodylift and 35s i hope

yes

hey bruce thanks for the comment and if you have any questions feel free to ask....

Yes the driveshafts work fine i have never had one seperate...I thought the rear one would but it hasnt and i have flexed it all possible ways and no discrepencies were noted..

no prob i like it alot how does your trans hold up? cuz thats the problem with mine now
i dont have 1 mine will go into gear but wont move ?

trans is good

My trans is good i had to rebuild it once cuz of the brass bushing by the pump..When my tranny would build up pressure it would leak right past the bushing...But it is going to have to be replaced...Cuz its eventually going to break from abuse.....

ok so if i rebuild it and put a temp gauge it should be fine with a 5.5" lift and 2 inch
body lift and 34"

Depends

Its not a question of if it will work but how long? My tranny has not given me too many problems. The reason for the temp gauge was to manage the temp on the trails so i dont burn my fluid...But since i had rework and a new torque converter installed it doesnt get as hot as fast anymore.

Back