• Register Today It's free!

Bench seats??

kurant045

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92XLT 4x4
I saw on another post that some of you have or had Bench seats. Your Explorer didn't come with the bench seat in the front did it? What truck/car has a bench seat that fits in our explorers? I've been thinking about doing this for a while but thought it was pretty imposible. If you have it, is it more comfortable than the 92'xlt bucket seats? I think mine are pretty worn out and I do a lot of long distance trips. Plus it would be nice to have a honey snuggled up under your arm instead of 3ft away from you in another bucket seats.

Give me some info and opinions guys.

Thanks,
RObert

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never seen it before, and never even heard of it, but I am pretty sure if they did put a bench seat in, they probably got it from a ranger.

My friend has a stock beanch seat the seat is just and added cusion off to the side of the non-power bucket style seat. The passenger side is the same bucket seat.

I believe (not positive) that a front bench seat was an option on 4 dr explorers- I'm not sure what years. If not, I'm sure one from a Ranger would fit. I like the idea of the bench also.

My 93 XLT came with a 60/40 split bench seat. My dad has a 97 Ranger Extended cab which has the same seat in it. Fold down armrest attached to the drivers seat, with a storage compartment in it. I have never seen another explorer with this option, I don't belive it was very popular. I would like it much more if I had some cupholders.

I know 1991 Explorer XLTs had a front bench seat option. I saw one. In fact, many dealers ordered them because it carried a discount, making the sticker price a little cheaper.
Not sure how long this lasted.

do you guys think that we could move our rear benches to the front or is it more trouble than it is worth? I have considered getting rid of the rear seats anyway.

Campbell

I was just poking through some old posts and stumbled upon this one. I had no idea my 91 XLT with the split bench was so rare, I assumed is was common to be able to seat 6 in an Explorer. I've been looking to get my wife a newer Explorer of her own, do they still make a split bench in the mid-90's models? We really do need to seat 6 so if I'm out of luck maybe the 3rd seat in the back is the option. Hmmmmm.

Back