• Register Today It's free!

Front Bench Seats

BluX

Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
Is there another vehicle or model of Explorer that has front bench seats that will fit in my 2001 Explorer Sport, with minor to moderate adjustments or fabrication if needed? I would prefer to have 60/40 seats, but all will be considered.

Thanks,
BluX

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you put a Ranger seat in, will it tilt far enough forward to get in the back seat?

the bench seats in explorers (and they are rare) is lacking a crossmember that was put in the bucket seat equipped ones. if that wis removed, atleast in the first gens, the mounting holes for a ranger bench are below them

There were also few 1st and 2nd gen explorers with this setup in the 4door models but like I said "few" they were a rarity but as stated the range seats should work so long as you get at least from an extended cab so you know the passenger at least tilts forward enough to allow room to get in and out of the back easily especially in the unfortunate case of an accident you do not want anyone to have a rough time getting out.

Back