• Register Today It's free!

Best Amp for RF Sub

skiboy214

Reaction score
City, State
Newark, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4 door XLT
Ok, i just ordered one of these http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kduuaNwMqaP/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&I=575P310D4
And dont know what subwoofer to get to run it. It is a dual Voice Coil so I need a 2-channel AMP, right? Then how do i run 4 wires through a sub box with only 2 jacks? I was lookin at this one but not too sure if it will work as this is my first experience with Car Subwoofers or Car Audio in general for that matter.

AMP- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat03085&id=1134701343037

I'm just gettin it from best buy cause my friend works there and can get me a discount. But anything that is better for my subwoofer in the same price range would be great.
Thanks Much

Wiring Diagram

NINe.2X Amplifier

Dual 4ohm sub will present either a 2ohm load or 8ohm load depending on how you wire it. You will want to wire it to 2 ohms. If you went with the Rockford Fosgate P310D2 you could wire it for 4ohms and get 600w out of the NINe.2x.

first off no you dont need a two channel amp get a mono amp thats all you want for a sub amp, next the old rf like a punch 250 is what i would go with. you can still find them in pawn shops.dont get one built with in the last four to five years there good but the older ones are best try ebay and if you do decide to get a new one then before you buy it sweat the born on sheet in the box all amps put out a different wattage two of the same amps will and can be 30 to 70 watts apart!!! also look at the RMS wattage this is what you really want to be high most list only peak on the box thats not any good to you if you have any other questions just ask i'm on here alot and if not theres always peeps on here that may know more than me good luck buddy

Back