best once a year wax for dark paint. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

best once a year wax for dark paint.

O.K.- I like to wax my truck only once a year and don't want to spend a week doing it. I have that deep wedgewood blue color that shows swirls in it if the wind blows. :(
What is the best wax for me (available at most autoparts stores)???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use Nu-Finish on my vehicles and it works great. It's a synthetic polymer, not a wax. Goes on easy and no swirls. I use it on my Gloss Black Mach 1, and it doesn't streak or swirl. You're supposed to put it on twice, then it's good for a year. Seems to hold up nicely to the elements.

meguires NXT and make sure you have your car TOTALLY cooled off before you wax it. Leave it in the garage or in the shade at least an hour after drying it and make sure its under 80 degrees and you should have no swirls :)

I'm a Zaino fan personally. www.zainostore.com; rated #1 in numerous tests for longevity and durability. Some carnubas have better shines, but none have the long-lasting durability.

But, remember, regardless of what we say, a lot has to do with your own experiences. If you find Meguiars NXT works well in your climate, don't drop the big bucks on Zaino. However, if Zaino holds up the best where you are, then cost is worth it. Good luck.

Best wax for me.

Wow, thanks for all the speedy replies! JDrapers recommendation of Nu-Finish sounds perfect for me and I even remember seeing it at Wally-world.

Thanks again.

Nice thing about Nu-Finish is it's about $5/bottle. I've tried Meguiars and Mother's waxes, and I still like the Nu-Finish better. When we were at the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle this year, several people asked me what I used to make my Mach 1 shine so well, and they were shocked when I told 'em it was Nu-Finish.

The label says you can polish it in direct sunlight, but I prefer to put it on in the shade on a cool surface. Goes on easy, cleans off easy, lasts a looongg time :D Is it Zaino?? nope...but it costs a fraction of what Zaino does, you can get it at Wal-Mart, and it gives a nice finish.

Ima go buy some nu finish. If its good enough for that sexy ass stang, its good enough for my POS. :D

Back