• Register Today It's free!

Best Shocks

Maverick265

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLT
I'm still learning the ropes when working on cars but the Explorer has defiantly giving me a chance to learn that is for sure. Anyway the leaf springs are broken and its had all kinds of weird problem and it just turned 100k. Anyways what is the best kind/brand of shocks for a smooth street ride? I'm not looking to take it off road that is what my F-150 is for. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Monroe cheapest junk. Rancho I think is the best, but to each their own

Same parent company with similar R&D, engineering, and design. Some models were identical except for appearance. :scratch:
http://www.tenneco.com/our_brands/
Yup :thumbsup: anything is gonna be better than what you have I personally love the monroes load levelers in the back sensatracs up front, good price and durable. All in all it depends on your price range and do you want a firm ride or a softer more floating like a big car ride.

^^ that's what I have too is Load Levelers in back, Sensatracs up front... I love them. They give me a decently firm ride and float nicely along the interstate and highway. You can spend more on others, but I guess it depends on your needs and budget.

I run bilstein 5100s i love them. Take them anyday over rancho 9000s

Bilsteins are great. I ran Gabriels before popping for the Bilstein. They were ok, good budget shock but not much damping. Bilsteins are firm without jolting.

Bilsteins are great. I ran Gabriels before popping for the Bilstein. They were ok, good budget shock but not much damping. Bilsteins are firm without jolting.

Grabriels are great quality for the price, they gave me great handling improvments over the stock motorcraft shocks, however if you're willing to spend a little more than $40/shock go with some Bilsteins for sure.

Back