Best Size REVO's for 2001 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best Size REVO's for 2001

Hey guys,

Looking for some quick help here. After much research I've decided to go with the Bridgestone Revo's for the truck. It was a close call with the BF Goodrich's, but the Revo's ability in the snow was to much to overlook being in New England.

I am currently running some god awful Goodyear Wrangler AP's in size 255/70 16. Worst tires I ever owned except for some no-name brand I got at Sears about 6 years ago in an emergency.

My question is as follows, what is the best performance, not necessarily largest size Revo's that I could use. I do a good amount of highway driving, minimal offroad, and as I said snow is always a concern.

Any insight greatly appreciated.

chris

Go with the size you're running currently. Its the biggest that came stock on 2nd Explorers. You could go up to 265 70 16, but what you've got is pretty good for a stocker.

Thanks for the info.

I came across these in my local Want Ad, 4 Bridgestone Winter Duelers 255/65R16. Brand new treads for short coin, any drawback to running this size tire??

chris

They're a little narrower/taller then the stock tires were, that's the only one.

Back