Best Tire For The Price?????? Need Input Looking For 33" Tires Asap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best Tire For The Price?????? Need Input Looking For 33" Tires Asap

Im looking for new tires that what cost a ton... i currently have 305/70/16 Toyo Open Country tires and loved them but really dont want to spend 1200 on a new set.

What are some good agressive looking tires that wont kill the bank but yet look and last long..

im looking for a 305/70/16 or a 33x12.5x16

thanks for your help ---- ill consider used tires as well if anyone has any

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

285 75 16 cooper discoverer stt

sttnew.jpg

DSCF2694.jpg

has anyone ever heard of www.discount-tires-2go.com

i found a set of 305/70/16 nitto dune grapplers for 550.00 for all 4
and a set of GT Tires ADVENTURO M/T LT305/70R16 for 530.00 for all 4

i dont really know much about the Gt tires but i know the dune grapplers are nice tires jjust dont know how good they would look on my truck

the sport king a/t are great tires for cheap and last forever.i have a set on my 01 tacoma prerunner .i have around 15k on them and barely any tread wear.driven from ga to fl to texas then to las vegas where i currently am. ive been to the desert many times never been too stuck that the e locker didnt get me out.im ordering a set of 32x11.50 for my 02 sport

Always google the "too good to be true" websites before considering

read read read

http://www.dmctalk.com/showthread.php?t=8187

dang that sucks..... thats for the warning... i dont have time to wait for them, after some final snow trailing yesterday the front tires are completly bald.. for some reason the toyo open countrys didnt last as long as i had thought... it had half tread left back in the summer and 4000 miles later they are bald.. it was driven daily and on highways for most of the time with maybe 7/8 off road trips....

the sport king a/t are great tires for cheap and last forever.i have a set on my 01 tacoma prerunner .i have around 15k on them and barely any tread wear.driven from ga to fl to texas then to las vegas where i currently am. ive been to the desert many times never been too stuck that the e locker didnt get me out.im ordering a set of 32x11.50 for my 02 sport

thanks man, i may consider them if i cant find somthing else... i really was looking for something more agressive looking.

I'd look into tirerack.com, I've heard all good things about them especially their customer service and their shipping really isn't bad. Good selection as well

thanks man, i may consider them if i cant find somthing else... i really was looking for something more agressive looking.

i was too but these would at least get me started until i get more lift and money.they are great for the road since i dont offroad very often.im just getting started so the sport king are great for the price.

I don't know how bad shipping will be, but check out onlinetires.com They are out of southern CA, and have good prices. I found out about them from someone on here, and have bought from them once so far. I'll be picking up my replacement 33's from them.

~Mark

I think it would be more expensive for him, because he is in kentucky. As to where tirerack.com has 6 different warehouses you can choose to ship from and the option to see the prices from each. four tires 33x12.50x15 shipped for me was $119. and I don't live in the s ame state as the warehouse

thanks for the help guys... looking like im looking at 800.00 for a set of 4 agressive tires reguardless of where i shop, didnt wanna go that expensive this time but i think i might have to... i appreciate all the help so far.... what does everyone think of the Nitto Dune Grapplers? do you think they would look good on my 92, i cant find pics any where of them on explorers

Why do you care so much as to how their going to look isn't the hole idea behind a really aggressive tire to get you places that an a/t could only dream. I'm running the treadwright guard dog and have nothing but good to say about them, they get extremely good traction off road and have a good look to them on the truck.

Why do you care so much as to how their going to look isn't the hole idea behind a really aggressive tire to get you places that an a/t could only dream.

I agree. Looks don't get you out of a jam. Tread pattern, depth of lugs, sidewall construction, & compound does.

I agree. Looks don't get you out of a jam. Tread pattern, depth of lugs, sidewall construction, & compound does.

because this is my daily driver that sees off road only a few times a year... just want this one to look good while i dump money into my baja boat, mustang, and saving funds for another 1st gen explorer to use as strictly an offroad truck.... that why i want this to look good and tires last long for cheap, does that make sense to anyone???

yeah I get what you're saying, I must add that you need to take into consideration that aggressive mud tire = vibration/noise/not as easy handling on the highway since you're using the vehicle as a daily driver.

but if a mud tire is what you want then do it man, make sure you read reviews from customers about tires before you buy, it will help you alot in your decisions

if you're ok with used tires i would keep an eye out on craigslist.org

i picked up a set of 33x12.50/15 BFG AT's with great tread plus a full set of nice alloy rims for my f-150 for $500 off craigslist.

i also pciked up an almost brand spanking new set of pro comp 35x12.50/15's for another $500.

another way that i locate parts/tires/vehicles is not being afraid to ask questions at shops and parts stores. you'll never know who knows of somebody selling parts out of their garage. i just picked up an explorer for $300 bc one of my friends works at a parts store and one of the usuals came in talking about an explorer he was trying to sell.

also i know that wild country tires are fairly cheap and last a long time. i have a set of 30.9x9.50/15's that have over 40k miles on them and still have some decent tread left. but then again i'm very **** about rotating and balancing my tires and that could have helped them last so long.

the best thing for me is i work at continetal tire in mtv ill and i can get a set of new 35 inch general tire grabber at2s for 300 bucks for all four. general has a new baja tire that should be out on the market for dot use in the summer. google search general grabber baja and you can see then. you can get them in 33s 35s and 37s. on 17s 18s or 20s. i think it might make a good rock climbing tire when they come out. street price should be around 2000 for a set of for but i will get the 37s for 800 new :) ps the general at2s are good tires and fairly cheap. they clean out good for mud and arent that noisy. last a good while too. also look into the hercules trail diggers if you like agressive. i paid 700 for a set 4 33x12.50s and they are pretty nice, not to damn noisy(consindering i went to them from thornbirds, ill never have thornbirds on a daily driver again).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back