best turbo for a 5.0 remote mount | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

best turbo for a 5.0 remote mount

So I've been looking at a remote Turbo system for the x. I like sts s universal kit, its now 1995.00 but I would really like to hear from everyone that has done a remote Turbo and have their opinion on what size of Turbo to use. I like the hoslet hy35 but would like to hear some more opinion's. I'm only looking for 6 lbs of boost so nothing super crazy.oh and yes I know ill have to do tuning but ill go with an sct tuner or to si performance in carbondale il for a dyno tune.would stock injectors be ok with 6 psi? Or would I benifiet from some 39lb injectors and a larger fuel pump? Any info is good info for me. Thanks in advance guys.
Dustin.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have you checked out Squires Turbo Systems for there kits not shizzle if they have a direct install turbo kit for explorers but they do have universal kits.
i just reread your post and didnt realize that you were talking about STS. Maybe try giving them a call and see what they say about the injectors. and also chack with the shop thats going to to the truck for there recommendations

Check out the Need for Speed section, under the Street Explorers Forum
Ryan

Check out the Need for Speed section, under the Street Explorers Forum
Ryan

yeah ive been checking out all the turbo'd exs and i would just like to know if anyone wishes they went with a different turbo. just wanna have some opinions

Well, THAT section is read by THOSE guys.

If you want to ask them, I would ask them THERE.

Ryan

Thanks Turdle! I know it will get more interest here..

Ryan

My apologies guys. Seems like it would receive more notice in the need for speed section. Thanks turdle.

For what you want a 60-1, 62-1, T61 would be plenty. A 255 lph fuel pump and larger injectors would be a good idea too.

Back