• Register Today It's free!

BFG All Terrain

C5 Pewter Coupe

Reaction score
City, State
Cascadia, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport 4x4
I've had my 31X10.5X15 All Terrain's on my EX Sport for a few thousand miles now, and though I'd say what I though of them. On the highway they are a decent tire, not too loud (actually IMHO not loud enough). On gravel roads, do quite nicely, (of course any tire will do fine on gravel). In the Snow, It struggles with more than say 10" of snow (wet snow) not sure how it would do in dry snow. For sticky mud, they are hopeless.. They fill up (the tread) with mud and your driving on slicks. This will be rectified this fall by atleast a 33" BFG Mud Terrain or other equivalent tire, and I'll use the All Terrains in the summer when it's dry..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are those the KO's? I have been looking at that tire because the specs on them are great. I just don't like what everyone is saying about the mud issue. I do not what to go to MT's. Is there maybe another tire out that has specs close to the KO's but do better in the mud?

hey there, were you running those 31's stock and if so what kinda rubbing if any do you get ??

blluebear said:
Are those the KO's? I have been looking at that tire because the specs on them are great. I just don't like what everyone is saying about the mud issue. I do not what to go to MT's. Is there maybe another tire out that has specs close to the KO's but do better in the mud?

i've owned one set of bfg at's and i hated them. b/c i like mud and they were absolutely horrible in it. but got the all terrains b/c of the better mileage and blah blah blah got no mileage out of them but i was hard on them. next set was bfg mt's and i loved them was night and day difference. u want an aggressive all terrain...? look into the super swamper sts's. thats a pretty aggressive at tire. and its an all terrain so mileage is supposed to be decent. thats probably about as good as an all terrain gets. i assume so.... i think most people avoid them cuz it says super swamper on the side and assume mileage will be bad. but check them out its a pretty aggressive design to them

basically all all terrains suck in mud... thats why they made mud terrains....

jimbo74 said:

agreed

down here, nothing works in the mud but tractor tires, and even those are suspect. But then we have red clay mud. Ive heard good things about the new Wrangler MTR's

blluebear said:

If you don't want an MT, I think the bfg AT are the way to go. They have worked great for me in ALL conditions. I have never been in too much mud, so I'd have to say people are probably right about that.

-Rich

I really like my KOs.

they work for the moderate x owner if there is such a thing

i bought the bfg a/t about 2 months ago and love em. i do alot of road driving but with being in the military and the moderately rated trails imo are great even in the red clay i have to be in not to mention the heavy rains i have encountered. i also put them on my stock tires and with the 3 in i got out of a tt i had no rubbing at all.

jimbo74 said:

people can't seem to get this through their heads.

Back