BFG M/T???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFG M/T????

I have heard that the BFG M/T above 31" have a problem with torc cracks and that BFG will not fit this problem this problem because they say it happens because there is too much torc on the tires is this true? has anyone experienced these cracks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking of switching to them

------------------
91 EB 5.5 Superlift
33" tires/ American racing rims,borla hedders, chip, modified air box,Gibson preformance exhaust, 4:56 gears

J91FORD,
I don't have M/T's but there are many here that do have them and I haven't heard anyone say anything about this. Where did you hear this?

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

Ray,
The owner of Tire City was telling me about this. I hope this is not true because i had 30" BFG A/T before my lift and realy like them and iwould love to get the m/t

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box
-Gibson preformance exhaust
-4:56 gears
-pioneer door speakers sony head set
-cobra cb
-scanner
-rino brush gaurd customized
jery can holder
much more...

J91FORD,
Rick has M/t's on his truck. Ask him.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

Ray
thanks for al you help.

------------------
*91 EB *
-5.5 Superlift
-33" tires
-American racing rims
-borla hedders
-chip
-modified air box
-Gibson preformance exhaust
-4:56 gears

I'm on my second set of 33" BFG-MTs, and I've had no problems. I've heard that rumor too, and figure its just that, a rumor. I don't think they would be as popular as they are if they cracked easily. I use my tires hard offroad. Remember, you've only got a 4.0 spinning those 33s, not a big block or a Cummins.

------------------
Bill Collins
93 Ranger XLT 4X4
Modified

I just bought a set of 33x12.5 BFG Muds.. I have no complaints. they are a great tire! And they are VERY popular so i think that it is just a rumor.

------------------
Happy Trails!
'93 XLT
Many Mod's
http://members.efortress.com/swankmi/

Back