• Register Today It's free!

Bigger Exterior Mirrors????

dali555

Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
My wife and I just purchased a 2002 Explorer XLT and love it! Except for the small side mirrors. Anyone know where we can find bolt on larger side mirrors?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Marc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm only aware of the towing mirrors which go over the stock mirrors. This is the first complaint I've heard about the size of the stock mirrors....I find them to be adaquate.

me too - but yeah towing mirrors might fix your issue.

-Drew

Don't castrate me but I sold my Chevy Avalanche, which I will buy another one in a few years because it is one gorgeous truck, to buy the explorer for my wife. We both agree that coming from the Av's huge mirrors the explorers need to be bigger..... it would help anyway. Oh well, I will look into towing mirrors.
Thanx all,
Marc

P.S. For the "Ford only guys" I also have a 1969 Mach 1 Mustang with 428 CJ that I drive and show! :D

dali555 said:
Don't castrate me but I sold my Chevy Avalanche, which I will buy another one in a few years because it is one gorgeous truck, to buy the explorer for my wife. We both agree that coming from the Av's huge mirrors the explorers need to be bigger..... it would help anyway. Oh well, I will look into towing mirrors.
Thanx all,
Marc

P.S. For the "Ford only guys" I also have a 1969 Mach 1 Mustang with 428 CJ that I drive and show! :D

:eek:

I've thought about this too. My girlfriend and my dad both have new F150s with the big square-ish mirrors, and after driving that my Explorer's mirrors do feel small. I wonder if you could transplant another model's onto the Explorer? Maybe the whole mirror assembly, or maybe "at-the-elbow" if the mirror-to-door trim doesn't match up? The '06 Ex has the square mirrors, as well as some Aviators. Or maybe F150...?

Back