• Register Today It's free!

Billet Grill

cjryan

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XL 4.0 OHV 4x4
Has anyone had success with these billet grills on ebay? This one's pretty cheap:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=360097084314

The grill on my 96 XLT appears to be one piece. At first I thought the insert in front of the radiator was a seperate piece, but after taking a closer look, it appears to be all one piece.

My main question though... Do you need to cut out the inner piece to install this type of grill or do you mount it in front of the existing grill?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow shocker, I saw this thread and opened it. Started to look for my billet grill thingy, then clicked on your link...Found my thread! haha Thanks:salute:Cheers

EDIT:

Mine is Ebay :) LOVE IT!

Yup, you have been a big help here. Cherish the feeling because money cannot buy it. However, when you charge money the feeling has been sold.

remember this-please.

i have that same one on my 99 and its perfect i didnt cut anything out i just took off the ford emblem set the new grill over the front an jus tie straped it in and it great.

Did you use cable ties?

They make lay overs and they look like crap that is made to fit over...And a real bullet grill will not to fit over the stock grill. I'm sorry to bust you bubble, it would stick out and look like **** did you not click on the link?

0081sized.jpg

That grille doesn't look like it fits very well. Too bad the don't make the Performance Products one anymore.

i got my grille and overlay on ebay and it looks awesome. it took some mods to make the two of them work together but it was worth it

u can see it on my profile pic

They make lay overs and they look like crap that is made to fit over...And a real bullet grill will not to fit over the stock grill. I'm sorry to bust you bubble, it would stick out and look like **** did you not click on the link?

I checked the link out. I'd rather not cut out my OEM grill if not necessary. Nascar's grill looks pretty good and he just took off the ford emblem and strapped it on somehow. White Limited, did you buy the same grill off ebay that I posted at the top of this thread? Or was it slightly different?

Looks perfect to me. Makin' me want to put one on mine.
Thanks =-D It took me 4 test fittings tell I got it perfect! It makes the truck look SO much more clean!

I checked the link out. I'd rather not cut out my OEM grill if not necessary. Nascar's grill looks pretty good and he just took off the ford emblem and strapped it on somehow. White Limited, did you buy the same grill off ebay that I posted at the top of this thread? Or was it slightly different?
Again, yes...Same grill nascar113117 has but I'm just saying I do not like where it sits. His truck is very clean and very much like mine but I do not like the placement of his grill and how it sticks out. If you are so worried about cutting up your stock grill go down to a junk yerd and get a different one to cut not a big deal, I would have done that but the pearl paint on my truck is hard to run across in a junk yard. Your going to do what you want to do so just do it...Hope it turns out well for you. :salute: Cheers!

PS: When you get it down post a pic here so we can all see.

New Billet!

I finally got around to buying the billet grille and I installed new headlights a couple weeks prior. I'm in the market for some new fog lights for the safari bar, looking at the Hella 500 Fog Lights. I want an off road style light that I can use in traffic, and I want to make sure it's legal.

Does anyone know about CA state headlight laws? I think 55W halogen is the max but you can have two sets. The 500's are 55 W so I think it would be legal?

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?image=http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2717/3721/31791860003_large.jpg?43121-007

Very clean looking! I love it!

Thanks Danny, your truck and your billet writeup inspired me to make my first few mods. I think I have the bug now... More mods to come.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So did you use the first one you linked or a different one?

Back