Bilstein adjustable lift front shock | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bilstein adjustable lift front shock

BajaXplorer

Reaction score
City, State
San Marcos, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 2WD
Looking at these now from an install standpoint.

The upper/ lower mount is the same as the X. This would also allow you to get a better shock under the X besides the only aftermarket KYB (the Rancho QL is just a Monroe shock by Tenneco)

Anyone have access to one to look at? Im fairly sure the shock can length and compressed/extended lengths are the similar to the X as well. The main difference would be valving(obviously made for a heavier F-150)

This item is designed specifically for the 2wd models and is not for use on 4x4 trucks. By moving a heavy duty snap ring up or down the machined shock body you can increase or decrease the spring pre-load, thereby providing more or less lift.
The best part, you can get rid of the crummy factory shock and replace it with the well respected Bilstein 5100 series shock. The Bilstein BE5-C300-H1 will provide a better on and off-road ride, an increase in height that you can adjust, so no matter how you look at it this is a win-win situation. This is an excellent alternative to high priced replacement coilovers!

This Bilstein shock can provide you with four different ride heights, basically from stock height all the way to 2.00" above factory height in 4 positions. These shocks are sold as a pair.

BE5-C475-H0.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Soooo... Will this fit on a 4wd? What is the cost? Looks awesome, I would do it in a heart beat.

they make them for a 4WD F150 as well. Im unsure what the difference is.

My X is a 2WD.

best price I've found is about $140/ea thru ORW( http://www.offroadwarehouse.com )

that lower mounting point is unfortunately not the same as the explorer.
if the pic is an actual representation,
The one on the ex's is offset by about an inch, not centered like that one.
I guess you may be able to put some kinda spacer in there to make it line up right...

mounted right up on mine today. luckily the shop had a damaged one so I was able to try it out. Im still planning on getting some I think in the future.

I'm confused...

You have them on now? Rear, I imagine... are they for all 4 wheels? This is an older pic of a QL installed, rear.

Attachments

• IMGA0632.JPG
    IMGA0632.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 895

I just tried the Bilsteins on the front. I havent even considered anything to the rear yet.

and yes they fit. Slightly longer stroke on the f150 shock and harder to get back installed.

I think these may work as well although I dont have access to any to check.

King Shocks
0605or+2005_ford_f150_wheels_tires_shocks+side_by_side_z.jpg

The Sway~a~Way version(with Camburg logo)
CRS-04-F-150-2xand4x.jpg

probably want to get custom springs I think 700# rate is gonna be WAY stiff for the little X. More like a 450/500 rate

I'm going with Kings :thumbsup:

Back