• Register Today It's free!

Blasted War-153 Shackles

LLSTRIKES96

Reaction score
City, State
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Where did everyone order the famed war-153 shackles from? I wrote an email to Warrior Products asking them what stores in my area carry them and everyone on the list has fell through. One store said they'd put them on order but they also said it's a possiblility they won't get them in for 2 months. Is there a website anyone has found them on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another question I just thought of. When I was talking to my friend about doing the torsion lift he mentioned that I may have to do what is called a "knockout" of my A Frame. Basically he thinks the Torsion Bars are gonna come in contact with some part of my frame when I tighten them. Has anyone come across this?

www.desertrat.com
www.4wheelparts.com

neither one of them have them on their site,but both can order them. Mine took less than a week to order through 4wheelparts and got them from the factory. DesertRat often carriers them in stock. Give them both a check. The shackles have become a large part of warriors business and they often keep plenty on hand.

I'd also like to welcome you to the site. You'll find anything and everything all right here.

i got mine from 4wheelparts (local store) and they got in in 5 days with a holiday weekend in the middle. and they ordered it directly from warrior in oregon they were under 50 bucks including inbound shipping

I just talked to a rep from 4wheelparts, and he said 36.95 for a pair plus shipping. I am ordering as soon as he hits me back with a final price, then going to the ford dealership tomorrow to get the coil spacers.

Chris

I orderd mine last week from J.C. Whitney $39.95 plus $8.50 shipping. They told me it would be about 2 weeks to get them. By the way this will be my first mod.

Awesome, thanks for the input everybody

Warrior 153

Can anyone measure how long the shackles are? I want to know if they are longer than my super cheap autozone shackles.

hmmmm

I was thinking about doing the shackle thang too.. The ones I saw at discount auto had 5 -7 inches-you could choose which holes to mount to. Thats too much for me, Im only looking for like 2 inches at most, as far as coil spacers...Are they really reliable at all and do you really get enough lift to match the rear end? Also are metal twist in or the big squishy rubber kind better(from anyones experience) I cant do the torsion twist my trucks to old...:)
thanks for the help guys..this site has been my greatest resource lately..period.

Is there anywhere to order the shackles online? I want to get them soon. Also, How do you know how to bolt them on, I mean like do you take the old ones off... stuff like that, what angle.. Anyone with directions?

They are so simple, you really don't need any directions.
The only thing is they are in the shape of an "H" but the top legs of the "H" are Longer then the bottom's which bolt to the Springs. Other then that just Torque them to a certain Lbs, and your Done!

The Thing that took me the longest to change them was I had to take my Reciever Hitch off so I could remove the Factory Shackle Bolts.

Hey, thanks. I have a reciever hitch, hopefully its not in the way. So I do take off the old weird looking shackles? And on the new ones, there is only 1 bolt right? So couldnt it slide back and forth to differnt angles?

Correct, one bolt on the top, and one bolt on the bottom. You might need to remove yout Triler Hitch, depending on how it mounts to the frame.

rfexplorer,

The War-153 shackles are 8.5" long. Stock shackles are either 5.5 or 6.5" long (depending on your truck)..

realignment after shackles?

Do you have to get your alignment corrected after installing new shackles?

NO, Re-alignment after shackles is not Needed.

however, you will probably need to re-allign after the torsion twist...i did.

Back