Blend door vote

wpurple

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer
I am hearing so much about the blend door problem that I would like to know who has a bad door and who has never had a problem....just curious to the % of bad doors compared to those who have had no problems.

Much appreciated....

My vote: No problems as of yet (Fingers crossed and knocking on wood)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no problems here either, but i mean, my truck only has 45k on it and is 4 years old. it may take some time to occur - maybe 2 years from now itll happen (im also crossing my fingers and knocking on wood :D )

My 97 went bad

Should have done this as a poll so we can see the %.

my 97 sport has a bad blend door. When I bought it i i only checked the MAX AC to see if it blew cold. When I felt the cold air, I thought it worked ok, but i didn't check any other setting until a few days later when i needed just the vent to be on, that's when i found nothing but heat.....

Knockin' on wood...

Not yet, but I'm not gonna say that cause then it'll die tomorrow:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's in the groaning stages, and I am dreading having to mess with it...

At least the part isn't that expensive to fix it...

If I could get ahold of the (*%#^&^*($&*()^&*()$& guy that designed it that way (having to pull the entire dash) I would wring his neck!!! (course I guess he figured they would put the correct door in the plenum and it would never have to be replaced:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

bad blend door

I have one, thanks to Opera House for pointing this out. I have only 5 more payments on my 98, I have always been told, that after it is paid for you will keep spending money on it. I also have to change my 02 sensors.

Mine was good when I pulled out the whole mess to change the heater core out. I figured I had it out, might as well check it.

not anymore

mine is fixed now :D

One More Bad Blend Door1

Hi, I am new to Ford EX ownership, I got a good deal on one for the wife to drive, And things are fine now with the car after;
Transmision
Steering Rack
Power Steering Pump
Alternator
Upper Control Arms,Ball Joints
Right Front Hub Assy.
So Now this Blend Door issue is NO BIG DEAL!
But the car has 160,000 Miles on it as well, And if you put it next to a friend of mines'98' with 48,000 you can't tell them apart, So a quick fix is in order for now I.E. cut a hole and move the door till spring. Thanks for the Info on the fix.

Mine went at 53,000 mi. Luckily, the dealer replaced it N/C:D

No problem with mine so far. 83000+ miles. :)

It's fine in my 95 with 107K
It's bad in my 96 with 70K

Robb

My 98 went bad sometime before it had 45K on it. Dead Link Removed is the thread I started telling how I got Ford to pay 80% of the fix cost.

mine is also fixed, but it still sucks that it happenned in the first place.

Count me in as one who has had a problem with the blend door. Cost $983.00 to fix it here in NYC, but luckily I blamed the damage on an accident that wasnt my fault. Heck, it worked BEFORE the accident.

At 95,000 miles last summer, had Pat Goss' shop do it for half of what the Ford Dealership wanted.

Chris

here is an easier way to fix your blend door without putting a hole in your plenum. I actually did this and it wasn't too bad, just a couple of band aids on the hands..It's been over a month and it's still working !!

http://www.proacshops.com/accum-March-April 20011.pdf

the fix is on page 2....

is this blend door problem a 2nd gen thing?

Yah, my dad got his fixed for 700

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Rhett Browning
is this blend door problem a 2nd gen thing?

As far as I know, yes.

Back