blend door or not??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

blend door or not???

'96explorereddiebauer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Clemmons, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Honda Accord EX-L
It's an easy fix!! It only took me about half an hour to do this. This sure beats $700 to fix this problem.

c-dooxp girl

Reaction score
City, State
canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer sport
Yes! Yes!Yes!

Well guys I finally fixed it! :bounce: It only took 4 times to drill but it works!
The hardest part is trying to figure out what position to drill the nail mine kept moving ( the silly putty works wonders). The only thing is now when I turn the knob from cold to hot you can hear it moving is this going to blow the motor (actuator)??? I am going to get rid of my X after this problem and a list of many others I vowed never to get a Ford and stupid me did! O well I learned my lesson the hard way! :fart:
Chicks rule!!!!!
C ya ;)

dougham

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Limited
blend door actuator removal

xmas63 said:
This fix restores full functionality in both heat and cold. Did mine about a month ago; still works great!

please help me understand how to get the actuator out.
my daughter's 97 explorer limited actuator seems to be held in by 3 screws.
is there a difference between the 96 and 97?
if so, how do you get the back screw out?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
my daughter will not drive it w/o a/c.
thanks
:)

Bill Kemp

Elite Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
I put a hack saw blade in the sazall and cut the rear bolt off. I have not replaced the actuator yet so I'm not sure if I will have to glue it in position or if the front two screws will hold it.
Hope to be able to let you know next week.