• Register Today It's free!

Blinding Door handles

banditxp

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Junction, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Explorer XLT V8
Sooo who else cant stand it when the sun comes in just right and reflects off the nice chrome inside door handle right into your face... :D

Been trying to figure out a nice looking way to fix this. already fixed the chrome ring around the shifter with some carbon fiber look 3m vinyl.
But i dont think that will work on the door handle because you hand is always rubbing and touching it so i think it will wear off/fall off over time.

Anyone else done something to get rid of the blinding chrome peaces inside? lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never done it but you could try taking some 600 grit sandpaper and just buffing them. It would give them a platinum look without the reflectiveness.

never had this problem, i guess you could probably paint them, but wear and tare will probably remove that over time.

never had this problem, i guess you could probably paint them, but wear and tare will probably remove that over time.

I love my chrome so much I removed the emblems from the exterior and actually put one of the explorer emblems onto my passenger side dash above the glove box. I even took the advance track emblem and attached it into the pocket above the radio. Chrome is good:thumbsup: Why kill your bling. It is in no way too much and I would never waste my time putting effort into removing the chrome. :salute:

I thought about Plasti dipping them.

I wear sunglasses, takes care of the glare.

Back