• Register Today It's free!

Blinker Buzz!

hippyheart

Reaction score
City, State
West Plains, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Explorer Sport
Just in the last couple of days I am getting this buzzing sound when I switch on my right blinker. When it buzzes, the blinker won't work. I traced the buzz to a square yellow box under the steering column just above where you plug your code reader in. It has wires going into it. Can someone help me identify this box and why it is buzzing like a giant bee? Sounds like a ground fault wire....somewhere... Thanks for any info!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey just read your post its the blinker relay just had this prob in my wife's xlt replace it cause it will get worse and then get hot then burn. Mine was starting to melt when I got to it

It's the multifunction stalk, replace it.

No its not I did that too and he said he traced it too that relay I just went through this last month that little yellow box (some earlyer ones are black) is the blinker relay just like the old round ones for used for ever. Its a plug in part and if its buzin change it before it melts and causes a fire like mine almost did

I have to agree! It is NOT the multi-function switch! I replaced mine and the buzzing was still there. It is mostly likely the relay!

Thanks all! I'll check it out and see what happens!

Back