Blinking 3rd Brake Light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blinking 3rd Brake Light

Seems like I have seen a post on the blinking 3rd brake lights , but I 've searched and can't seem to find it.

Is there a way to make the 91-94 Ex's third brake light flash when on, such as the new explorers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Billy. That looks like what I'm looking for. I knew there had to be a way to do it.

LStoudenmire Do you have the LED Third Break Light or two bulb, or even the Neon? Let us know how your install goes! Oh, yea pics!

What ever is stock, haven't made any changes to however it comes from the factory. I'll probably take off the cover this evening to see what is there, and get all the parts needed, then try it out this weekend.

I did this about 6 months ago, works great. Just make sure to sound proof the blinker or you will hear it through the cab.

I did the job just this morning, and is very easy. Time, 20 min. parts $3.50.

Now my X 92 4x4 high mount stop light is much more visible for the guys driving behind me, and it looks great.

Andy :D

I was thinking of doing the same thing only with a sligth twist. I wanted to make it so the light flashed quickly for a few seconds then just stayed on each time the break pedal was pressed, anyone have any ideas on how to do that?

-Matt

So when you put on your turn signal and step on your brakes the person behind you won't know if you are going to turn or go up, is that the idea, ha ha...

Which motorcycles do that?

Thanks for the links. I checked some out and probably will buy one. The schematics for building one look pretty complicated.

What do think would get more attention a blinking 3rd tail light or a solid one. The reason I ask is because I have clear tails lights and those stupid little LEDs in them that you can't really see during the day. I really don't want something to rear end me.

I really like my blinking 3rd brake light. I've been rear ended three times and that was without any custom taillights. Anything back there that will help is my opinion.

Matt, I used one of the BackOff brake light flashers on my old motorcycle. They are made by Signal Dynamics http://www.signaldynamics.com . They also have a model for autos. It is similar to what you are thinking, it flashes 3 times, then stays solid for about 5 seconds. It repeats the cycle as long as the brake is applied.

Back