BLIS Troubleshooting & Wiring Diagram | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BLIS Troubleshooting & Wiring Diagram

Mcbooya

Reaction score
City, State
North dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Police Utility
Hello,
My new to me 2013 PIU is giving a Blind Spot and Cross Traffic Fault Errors on startup, which has been happening since I bought it. Forscan told me it is the driver side sensor causing an error, so I tested out the wires that run to it behind the passenger tire bumper well, and it is receiving 14V of power. Does anyone have any ideas on how to test the sensor out? Or to test if it is the side mirror?
I have another 2013 PIU as well that I was thinking I could change out the sensor temporarily to see if that works, but I think I have to use Forscan to update the VIN # on them in the connected vehicle. Any advice would be welcome, as well as a wiring diagram for where the BLIS sensors and side mirror signals connect to the main computer to test out the signals.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You said you tested the wire behind the passenger tire bumper well. Was that wire to the sensor or the BLIS radar unit?

Peter

I believe it is the radar unit, the thin square device mounted behind the rear wheel behind the side bumper area. Is there another sensor to check?

There should be one on the rear bumper toward the side. The radar unit is for BLIS the other for cross-traffic alert.

There should be one on the rear bumper toward the side. The radar unit is for BLIS the other for cross-traffic alert.

The BLIS radar is also used for the cross traffic. There is only 1 unit on each side, SODL & SODR.

Back