• Register Today It's free!

Blower motor cuts out.

chk1

Reaction score
City, State
louisville ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 LL
'99 fordex blower motor comes on when i hit the bottom of floor where air flows out AND THEN WHEN I HIT A BUMP IT CUTS BACK OFF..don't know where blower motor is located so i can change it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 95-01 section. The plug might have corrosion or the blower motor might have bad brushes. Open the front hood, and check the connection on the blower motor. It's located on the passenger's side of the vehicle.

Just to clarify.. it's the big black round thing on the passenger side firewall.. very simple device to checkout and replace... You'll easily figure it out.

I just changed my blower. It was turning on and off,slowing down as I hit bumps or accelerated. Check your relays also. On the 97 the relays for the blower are in a box under the airbox. Mine were melted. Had a shop check it out and rewire. It's not hard to change the blower. You just need to move the cruise control module and the coolant resevoir.

will it run ok in the high setting ? the high setting is the default setting for the resistor. If you are only having trouble with the lower settings try replacing the blower motor resistor.

Back