Blown Engine 97K

jahyboo

Reaction score
City, State
chicago, il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trac
I can't beleive it either!!!.
I was on my way home from work and I feel the engine kick down & start to run ruff, then the check engine light starts flashing. I made it home just a few blocks away. Drove it to the garage and was told I need a new engine! The scarier thing is I have found that other owners have had the same exact problem right at 97K...WHAT IS GOING ON???...one guy started his in a parking lot and heard the clanking and spattering noise, and had it towed in , only to be told he needed a new engine. I have never owned a vehicle that the battery and tires outlasted the engine. I took great care of the vehicle because I was planning on driving it for a long time. I can't beleive it needs a new engine after routine maintence was kept up. On top of it the gauages never moved...So I don't think the block is warped, plus the oil still looks nice and fresh..there is not one sign of any dark burnt oil or a hot & smoky dip stick. everyhting looked good, it was just the loud horrific sounds and ruff runing engine. If it just threw a rod, I was told it is still just as costly to fix vs. just putting in a new engine? I will never buy another Ford as long as I live!!
Has any one else experienced this? and what do you think Ford will stand behind?

I moved your thread...

Technician's Tips and Tech

This forum is where professional automotive technicians or skilled automotive hobbyists can share their tech tips. Do not post your questions here! Post in the forum best suited to your topic. Questions posted in this forum will be deleted!
It says that at the top of that forum....

Sorry to hear that. Never a good thing, especially around Christmas time. I wouldn't write Ford off though. My ST has 293,000 miles on it. :) What engine is it and what did they say went bad?

Best of luck.

Regular Maintaince keeps it going along with every motor vehicles...

Back