Blown Nitrous?

LowdPypes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
Well, the damn thing is finally in and I love it! Although powerdyne says it is silent, it is far from it. At 2500-3000 rpm, it sounds like an airplane taking off. The best thing is when I slow down from a high speed takeoff, like 1/4 mile... sounds like a plane landing. Anyway, I was in the process of hooking my nitrous back up and I spoke to a few mustang muscleheads around here and they said to actually tap into the exit of the blower and install the NOS jet. Has anyone done this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heard of people doing it. Don't see why not. Your X will be screaming now :D

Yeah, install the nitrous after the centrifugal s/c.

edit: just make sure your tap and insertion is good and sealed. You don't want pressurized air spewing out!

Well, it's in and done...

Tapped the NOS in today and she's flys like the wind... now I have to work on stopping a little faster.

Dead Link Removed

drool.... thats a sweet setup man!

Coolant overflow...

I want to use my factory coolant overflow but I don't know where to put it??? Didn't the old S/C kits use the stock overflow container?

Re: Coolant overflow...

Originally posted by LowdPypes
I want to use my factory coolant overflow but I don't know where to put it??? Didn't the old S/C kits use the stock overflow container?

Surely there is room over near the brake reservior?

the kit called for cutting it off and moving it to next to the radiator. the best thing to do is us a aftermarket one like we did on trolls truck. how is it running with out the FMU also you can pick up some more power over the currect setup pretty easy.

How big a shot of NOS you spraying? With every 50 dont you have to retard your timing 2 deg or so?

juicy...

blk mk8 - Thanks for the info. The instructions that I have say that the kit should have come with one but you all know how that goes. Do you have any pics of where it was installed cause I cannot find a place to put it. I saw some billet ones on ebay, will they work? The truck runs fine without the FMU as powerdyne says that I do not need one for the 98's but I am supposed to be checking out a vortech 12:1 tomorrow or friday. I am pushing just at 400hp (406 actually) without nitrous but with the big tires and awd unit, I think it is slowing me down a little. She does good though.

98FordX24 - I am spraying a 100 shot with a 2 degree retard on the ignition BUT I am getting ready to sell my ZEX kit. I just ordered the Venom 2000 with the computer hookup and stuff. I am showing my truck in the fall and I want to have that system recessed mounted in the rear with plexiglass over it and the computer display mounted in the dash. If you or anyone you know is interested in the ZEX kit, lemme know. Thx!

God'speed' wheelers...

i could quite possibly use a used zex kit... in fact i call first dibs when it comes out.

Back