• Register Today It's free!

Blue Ford Explorer sport

jc_slick

Reaction score
City, State
New York City, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting...especially since Ford used a blue Explorer in Press when showing the XLT w/appearance package (which has a similar look to the Sport).

The Sport has always had a limited choice of colours. The 2015 is available in 5 colours while the 2016 model will have 6. I guess it's a marketing thing.

Peter

Interesting...especially since Ford used a blue Explorer in Press when showing the XLT w/appearance package (which has a similar look to the Sport).

Yeah you're right. Not sure why every color is available with magnetic inserts but not blackout treatment. What if someone wanted a sport but their favorite color was blue or any other color they have that's not available on the sport? They either have to settle for another color or trim (not that the others are ugly or inferior, but you know what I mean) or go with another brand.

In the automotive industry it is not unusual for manufacturers to have model specific colours. It really isn't much different than have model specific features and options.
Happy New Year all! :dpchug:

Peter

In the automotive industry it is not unusual for manufacturers to have model specific colours. It really isn't much different than have model specific features and options.
Happy New Year all! :dpchug:

Peter

In fairness, if all the explorers are coming off the same production line, then allowing other colours isn't really that difficult. It's going back to an archaic "any colour you want as long as it's black" Ford production decision. Given that they are adding new colours most likely means that Ford actually heard enough questions that they're bending their "rules".

It's just like when the Ford Escape 10-12 came out with the sport appearance package. They didn't offer it in white. I had a black xlt from 2010. I didn't know the sport package was out and ended up getting the spoiler with the chrome rims. White would've looked nice but ford didn't do it. They did it with the edge and explorer. If you walk into any showroom and said "I have $50,000 cash and I want the sport in blue", would they really turn that away?

It's just like when the Ford Escape 10-12 came out with the sport appearance package. They didn't offer it in white. I had a black xlt from 2010. I didn't know the sport package was out and ended up getting the spoiler with the chrome rims. White would've looked nice but ford didn't do it. They did it with the edge and explorer. If you walk into any showroom and said "I have $50,000 cash and I want the sport in blue", would they really turn that away?
My guess would be Yes.

Peter

Back