Blue Jean "Blue" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blue Jean "Blue"

Hwy_3

Reaction score
City, State
Etna
Year, Model & Trim Level
It's time for a new explorer and I have been searching for a Blue Jean "Blue Platinum, and 3 dealer are telling there are none in the system?

Can anyone tell me why?

One dealer said that the color is a special offer only, can that be correct?

I have had 10 Explorer over the years with 3 that I offer I hate the long delay!

Is that any other way to find this color car in the ford system?

Thanks Hwy 3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try searching through www.cargurus.com You can search first for the Platinum and then search by color. When I need a Platinum fix while waiting for mine to be built I will go on and search by color. I know I have seen the Blue Jean color on that site. I have found it easiest to do a google search for 2016 ford explorer platinum and then go down to cargurus and click on it. It has already filtered out all the other models and then search by color.

Thanks K9 Only one found in Mi, I wonder it that car would be Cal smog cert???
This late in the production year and only one, what wrong with that picture?
Hwy 3

The Platinum hasn't been in production that long. They made the late summer production by a few days and then the hold for a couple of weeks when they had a problem. A lot of dealers don't have any in yet. The dealer that I'm dealing with has only got Platinum's in that were ordered. They have none on the lot yet for resale. Each day more are showing up. Save your search on car gurus and you'll get notified of new ones. Good luck

It's time for a new explorer and I have been searching for a Blue Jean "Blue Platinum, and 3 dealer are telling there are none in the system?

Can anyone tell me why?

One dealer said that the color is a special offer only, can that be correct?

I have had 10 Explorer over the years with 3 that I offer I hate the long delay!

Is that any other way to find this color car in the ford system?

Thanks Hwy 3
If you go to the Ford.com website and 'build' a Platinum you will see that Blue Jeans is a regular colour with no additional cost.

Peter

Back