Blue LED blub conversion on 2016 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blue LED blub conversion on 2016 explorer

Buck82

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer xlt
What's going on fellow explorer owners? I got a question one of you all might be able to help me with hopefully. I went to change out my fog light bulbs to a blue LED bulb and of coarse it was no where near the listed bulb size (bulbs fit connector, bot not housing). The weird thing was it had no bulb but a set of wires I needed to disconnect in order to get bulb into connector. It kind of gives me the impression that, may be the fog lights on mine are after market and the bulb is the entire fog light assembly. Any of you have this same lights? The part number on the back of the fog light assembly is 44zh-2315. Sorry I don't have a picture got frustrated and threw everything back together before thinking of snapping pics. Any help please trying to finish blue LED conversion, and last ones I trying to do is the fog lights. .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's going on fellow explorer owners? I got a question one of you all might be able to help me with hopefully. I went to change out my fog light bulbs to a blue LED bulb and of coarse it was no where near the listed bulb size (bulbs fit connector, bot not housing). The weird thing was it had no bulb but a set of wires I needed to disconnect in order to get bulb into connector. It kind of gives me the impression that, may be the fog lights on mine are after market and the bulb is the entire fog light assembly. Any of you have this same lights? The part number on the back of the fog light assembly is 44zh-2315. Sorry I don't have a picture got frustrated and threw everything back together before thinking of snapping pics. Any help please trying to finish blue LED conversion, and last ones I trying to do is the fog lights. .
Take pics of what you have on your Ex and the one in your hand so we can see what wires you are talking about. That might be helpful.

Take pics of what you have on your Ex and the one in your hand so we can see what wires you are talking about. That might be helpful.
Will do this weekend.

I got my LEDs for my 16 on Amazon. Easy plug and play.

Need a link?

I got my LEDs for my 16 on Amazon. Easy plug and play.

Need a link?
bought mine off there too 9145 and it plugs, and in lights up, but the housing hole is smaller the the bulb. Plus when I disconnected what I thought was the factory Bulb it was 2 wires going into the assembly not your typical bulb replacement. Going to get a pic of it this weekend for more clarity on what I'm talking about.

Maybe you have the factory LED fog lights.

That is the most misguided thing I've read on here in a while.

The very last thing you want for fog lights is more blue. Even the factory lights would work better in fog if they were more yellow.

Plus, blue may be illegal on public roads. I bet it is in almost every state if not all, and is something you "probably" will get pulled over for, opposed to merely having the cold color temperature white LED bulbs, which are still markedly inferior to a warm color temperature for fog lights.

Back